Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wilbur Ross [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
ACE wrote:

Nancy Pelosi (Net worth 125 Million) and John Kerry (Net Worth 250 Million) say "Hi."

How many "gilded lily" types enlisted and served in Vietnam?

John Kerry did. But you knew that, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of this is unnecessary. This is what Trump should do. Mobilize the military, invade Mexico, and seize sufficient liquid assets to fund the wall. After all, Mexico is supposed to be paying for it, lest we forget (and it seems we have).

Maybe while they're at it, they can enslave the migrant caravan, and others loitering around the border, and put them to work constructing the wall. Think about all of those jobs!
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [jw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jw13 wrote:
All of this is unnecessary. This is what Trump should do. Mobilize the military, invade Mexico, and seize sufficient liquid assets to fund the wall. After all, Mexico is supposed to be paying for it, lest we forget (and it seems we have).

Maybe while they're at it, they can enslave the migrant caravan, and others loitering around the border, and put them to work constructing the wall. Think about all of those jobs!

That's not a bad idea. They could work for entry into the US. I'll be a lot of people would support that. Build 10 miles and you get a green card...
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
Steady on, she's not sailing into the jungle with Castro and Cienfuegos. She got elected to Congress and is advocating, within our democratic system, for positions which are at odds with the current administration and much of her party. I'd save the apocalyptic language for actual existential threats. Like climate change or spiralling inequality.

Damn, if you keep writing intelligently you will be asked to leave this group.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [jw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jw13 wrote:

If we take over Mexico Trump can claim we invented the taco. That will make America Great.

If we do it quick we can all watch Tom Brady being served Taco Bell.
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is AOC's excuse???

Whataboutism at its finest. The trademark of a Trump supporter.

Whataboutism is not only the trademark of Trump supporters but what makes them really stand out is that the person they most often compare Trump with isn't now nor has ever been the President.

Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:
And what does the creditor do when the shutdown goes past the point where loan payments are due? Go after the United States for repayment?

Why even go down that road before answering the first question.

Do government employees have easy access to low interest credit based on their status as furloughed gov't employees? If the answer is no -- I would guess that the answer is no -- then the subsequent questions are moot.

In WDC, the mayor yesterday announced mortgage assistance loans to be available to qualified Fed furloughed DC residents. Loans to be interest free at $5k per month max through $9M that was made avail to the DC Housing Authority. So yes, in the district. Can't see why others won't follow suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read that his own credit union charges 9% for emergency loans. So its kinda weird that he wants people to take out loans at close to a 10% clip.

I would understand if his own credit union was giving like 3 months interest free + transaction free loans, but that is not the case.
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross on Thursday said he doesn't understand why some federal workers are seeking out food banks during the government shutdown

Well, that's the click bait headline, but not really Wilbur's point.

What Wilbur is saying is that any loan given to government employees is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. So, therefore, these employees should have easy access to low interest credit during this government shut down.

That statement should be easy to verify as true or false.*

* or true or false under different sets of circumstances as the case may be

Spot on, again.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the credit union that wilbur ross use to manage doing this?
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

I assume that trump properties are going to be giving free meals to federal employees?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

I assume that trump properties are going to be giving free meals to federal employees?

I heard they'll be giving out free mattresses, and that Scott Pruitt is pissed off about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Wilbur Ross [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:

Spot on, again.

Except they're both really stupid things to say. Either one could be the clickbait headline.
Quote Reply

Prev Next