Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: iq2 Power Meter Released [Rossguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did some extensive research...and am not touching them with a barge pole. Having the estimated delivery constantly be 2 months out is misleading and it's been happening for over a year and a half. They have some story on their website about their supplier not getting orders in time, blah blah blah. They released test data but you'd think they would get a unit to Gplama or DCR first, before even doing that, if the product actually worked. Still haven't seen a video of one actually working.

I can deal with the q factor for my gravel/bikepacking/commuting bike, or for a cx bike. I have assiomas for the race bike and zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: iq2 Power Meter Released [stevendex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. No sense taking the risk until they are being shipped and there is some reputable data on thm.
Quote Reply
Re: iq2 Power Meter Released [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically there is... Garmin Vector 2 with Shimano conversion kit. I have 2 sets of them, and haven't had any issues (that I know of)... They haven't dropped and the power have tracked fairly closely with my Tacx trainer so far.
Quote Reply
Re: iq2 Power Meter Released [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re referring to SPD-SL (road). I’m referring to SPD (mtb). Very different design.
Quote Reply
Re: iq2 Power Meter Released [stevendex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevendex wrote:
I did some extensive research...and am not touching them with a barge pole. Having the estimated delivery constantly be 2 months out is misleading and it's been happening for over a year and a half. They have some story on their website about their supplier not getting orders in time, blah blah blah. They released test data but you'd think they would get a unit to Gplama or DCR first, before even doing that, if the product actually worked. Still haven't seen a video of one actually working.

I can deal with the q factor for my gravel/bikepacking/commuting bike, or for a cx bike. I have assiomas for the race bike and zwift.

Looks like you've read their website. That is hardly 'extensive' research. Stating that you are "not touching them with a barge pole" sound a bit over the top to me.

Not saying they didn't delay the delivery a few times, but definitely not 1,5 years. Furthermore, their updates sound solid and the team behind the product has had succes before (in a different area). Give 'm some time I would say.

I ordered one, and offcourse I hoped that I would have received my PM allready, but when signing up for a crowdfunding campaign, you always have to take delays into account I think.
Quote Reply
Re: iq2 Power Meter Released [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Rossguy wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of q factor increase. I come from mountain biking, so I am guessing it won't bother me, but I have no idea.

It can make a large negative impact on aerodynamics.

Any guesses on how many watts that can add to aero drag? Is it possible letting a little more air through improves things? Like how a wider fork is more aero?
Quote Reply
Re: iq2 Power Meter Released [Rossguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they've released their proposed solution.... scrap the original design and go full pedals. For road and MTB.

My quick take over on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSZv466xyE

DCR Coverage: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...-getting-pedals.html

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next