Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

U.S. Military Veterans: DoD/Priceline Start "American Forces Travel"
Quote | Reply
All you retired or current U.S. military types that don't have "non-rev" travel benefits as airline employees can at least get potentially really nice discounts on travel with this new program, looks like. That's perfect for those of you still doing that sport called, uh... called, uh... oh, yeah! "Triathlon":

"A joint service initiative has developed its first official online vacation travel site, American Forces Travel℠, with Priceline® as the service provider. The site offers travel deals and benefits just for you! American Forces Travel℠ provides access to a wide selection of discounted rates on hotels, air fare, rental cars, vacation packages, cruises and much more!"

https://www.americanforcestravel.com/

Edited: Originally, I wrote "all former...military" types, but from looking at the website, it looks like active duty and retired and eligible military family members at present.
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jan 23, 19 4:59
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Military Veterans: DoD/Priceline Start "American Forces Travel" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wanna bet the "deals" are no better than what you get on a regular website although they will wrap themselves in the flag and pat themselves on the back with Army Navy game commercials?
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Military Veterans: DoD/Priceline Start "American Forces Travel" [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Wanna bet the "deals" are no better than what you get on a regular website although they will wrap themselves in the flag and pat themselves on the back with Army Navy game commercials?

^^This. I checked with them last September for flights from Norfolk to Milan returning from Rome. They couldn't provide those prices. On flights directly to Milan from Norfolk they were no better than Travelocity or Delta. Their prices on a round trip to Rome was more expensive.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Military Veterans: DoD/Priceline Start "American Forces Travel" [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
windywave wrote:

^^This. I checked with them last September for flights from Norfolk to Milan returning from Rome. They couldn't provide those prices. On flights directly to Milan from Norfolk they were no better than Travelocity or Delta. Their prices on a round trip to Rome was more expensive.

I haven't checked prices because I still get non-rev travel ("free" travel, which it isn't) through Delta Air Lines. I hope you guys are getting better deals than what you're saying, though, because that would be teh suck if you didn't and this was all just another cheap glom-onto-the-military scam. SMH.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Military Veterans: DoD/Priceline Start "American Forces Travel" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Space-A baby!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Military Veterans: DoD/Priceline Start "American Forces Travel" [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Space-A baby!

Hahaha! Yeah, we've done the Space-A thing a few times. Fortunately, I've still got my Delta flight benefits. Although I have to say, the food on the AMC flights is oftentimes better than what they've got on the airline.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply