Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike decals
Quote | Reply
Anyone got any tips on how to remove bike decals from a clearcoated frame? Is it OK to get a stanley knife and cut into it?

FYI, the revealed area will get covered with sponsor decals so there's the potential to hide any evidence of my handywork.

Also, anybody know where I can get custom made decals from in the UK?

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike decals [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) goto http://www.google.com.uk

2) enter: custom made decal

3) hit enter

4) receive results

http://www.google.co.uk/...made+decals&meta=

It's amazingly easy.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Bike decals [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely that would be '.co.uk' rather than '.com.uk'.

In any case, it's been done. Looking for feedback from people who have good things to say about specific companies.

Anything useful to say about getting the decals off?

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Last edited by: GBJ: Jan 25, 04 11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will bugger up the paint when doing that. What does you frame say? Does it say "Sod off" or something?

Seriously, it would be best to find a vinyl lettering service or sign maker. I don't know of any off-hand in U.K. (as I am not living there; though wife is from Bristol). I would go to a place who sells racing motorcycles or cars- they would know who can do lettering.

I would try and get lettering that would cover up the offending lettering. Or, you could get it repainted. But don't try to remove lettering underneath clear coat. You will regret it after you reveal a buggered surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike decals [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh...bummer. That's what I didn't want to hear. Sadly, my frames are C'Dale with the usual thousand or so C'Dale decals taking up every area of advertising space.

BTW, spent many a drunken night in Bristol during my uni days.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A good vinyl lettering service or sign shop can help out, even in this case.

Nice places to drink in Bristol. I support the Bristol City team. Come on you reds!!!!!
Quote Reply