Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Load Generator Problem
Quote | Reply
We have 12 Computrainers in our studio using Perfpro software controlling the units. We have some people telling us some of the units are easier than others and when they do their FTP tests on those units their results are too high. So as to make all units function the same, is there a way to test the load generator on the CT to make sure it putting out the stated load? Then if we find any significant difference, how do we adjust to CT? We have talked about using something like a PowerTap to try and do side by side comparisons. If we find a difference, we are back to the question of how to adjust the CT.

Since RacerMate decided to close, I am not sure where to turn. I know some studios have dozens of CT's so I am sure this isn't a new problem/question.

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Rich G.
Proud member of the Geritol wave!
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Load Generator Problem [RichG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked and had answered (by Andrew Coggan) the same question.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...r_P6637399/#p6637399
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Load Generator Problem [RichG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull the sticker off of the load generator and tweak the pot until it matches a bike with a powermeter on it.
Use the same Powermeter to calibrate all of your Computrainers.

With that said I just use what my powermeter tells me. If I used my computrainer numbers I'd be riding at 4 W/Kg on Zwift all day long.
Quote Reply