Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nathan Phillips.... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Just saw this one:
BK do you think the Heartbreak Fridge is appropriate?

By all accounts this guy served his country for 4 years, left the military on good terms. If you don't like what he said and did last weekend, I understand that, but he did not say he was a Vietnam vet, the media did. My own brother spent 20 years in the Air Force. Closest he got was Thailand and Guam during the Vietnam war. I certainly am proud of him serving his country. Does this guy deserve your mockery?
Quote Reply
Re: Nathan Phillips.... [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Just saw this one:

By all accounts this guy served his country for 4 years, left the military on good terms. If you don't like what he said and did last weekend, I understand that, but he did not say he was a Vietnam vet, the media did. My own brother spent 20 years in the Air Force. Closest he got was Thailand and Guam during the Vietnam war. I certainly am proud of him serving his country. Does this guy deserve your mockery?

Yes he did and also said he was spit on and called a baby killer when he got back. He was a reservist who went awol and has numerous criminal charges a full blown lying loser.
Quote Reply
Re: Nathan Phillips.... [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
patf wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Just saw this one:

Yes he did and also said he was spit on and called a baby killer when he got back. He was a reservist who went awol and has numerous criminal charges a full blown lying loser.

I was going based on that one video where they guy had his record. it mentioned the awols, but he left with a normal discharge, not honorable, but not dishonorable either. Also that guy's view was he did not say he was a Vietnam veteran. Maybe more info came out I did not see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
50+ wrote:
patf wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Just saw this one:

I was going based on that one video where they guy had his record. it mentioned the awols, but he left with a normal discharge, not honorable, but not dishonorable either. Also that guy's view was he did not say he was a Vietnam veteran. Maybe more info came out I did not see.

You can skip to 2:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XdqtObSc1g

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Just saw this one:

You're factually wrong. He claimed he went to Vietnam and he was discharged with something other than honorable (I'm ignoring the recon ranger thing completely)
Quote Reply
Re: Nathan Phillips.... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
patf wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Just saw this one:

You're factually wrong. He claimed he went to Vietnam and he was discharged with something other than honorable (I'm ignoring the recon ranger thing completely)

At this point, with what we've learned about Phillips, I think the graphic's pretty appropriate. Honestly, I'm not even sure he could be buried in his old Marine Corps service dress uniform or have the flag draped over his casket or receive any military funeral honors from the Marine Corps, let alone the array of veterans benefits available to those service members who were honorably discharged. It would all depend on the characterization of his discharge. If it was under other than honorable conditions or lower, maybe not.

To a lot of civilians, this sort of stuff might seem really ticky tack, but to many military service members it matters, for a lot of reasons.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jan 27, 19 20:09
Quote Reply
Re: Nathan Phillips.... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
We don't want any doxing of the smirking kid, but, let's go after the old man!

Wow. New low for the LR.

Have you been following this?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next