Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to get best deal on C.C. handgun?
Quote | Reply
Looking at buying a CC. handgun for protection when I go camping. I have done some research and think a S&W M&P Shield 45cal would be a good choice. Where I fish/camp it is bear country and have had bear tear up my camp and have also had to chase them off. Also have had some fairly sketchy folks watching me closely when putting my boat on the trailer at dusk in the middle of nowhere.

Looked at both Bass-Pro and Academy Sport. Any other places I should look for a good deal?
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get best deal on C.C. handgun? [hazben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
/gundeals on reddit

Palmetto State Armory often has good deals.

Gunbroker and armslist

I would add if you do order over the internet, you will need to have it shipped to an FFL and most will charge you a transfer fee. Usually about $20, but I've heard some charging $100 and some $10, so YMMV. If you order from someplace that has a local outlet, there is typically no transfer fee, say from Bass Pro, Gander, Bud's ect.

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Last edited by: edwinj: Jan 21, 19 8:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glock model 22 or 23.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on your location, Adventure Outdoors in Marietta, GA has really good deals from time to time. But you'll have to have and FFL transfer if you're not in GA.

Otherwise, online forums etc in your area for private sales. I've bought a couple guns from the Outdoors Trader forum (then lost them all in a freak boating accident...), but it's not around any more.

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hazben wrote:
Looking at buying a CC. handgun for protection when I go camping.

Just curios, but why are you concealing a hand gun while camping? Or are you camping in a big community like KOA?

When we go camping the Glock 29 - 10 sits proudly on my hip like it was the late 1800's. Anyone approaching camp knows we are all armed. It even goes under my pillow at night, along with my Gerber LMF.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's Gun Hut, that's on Third, Guns R Us, that's also on Third, Put your Finger Here, that's on Third, Blow Their Brains Out... matter of fact, they're all in the same complex, the Gun Complex on Third.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jan 21, 19 12:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just ordered a walther ppq from these folks last week. shipping was fast, i think the cost was $7.95, happy to do business with them.
https://grabagun.com

these are the online shops that i use to compare prices:
https://www.galleryofguns.com
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php
https://www.kygunco.com
https://www.cdnnsports.com

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get best deal on C.C. handgun? [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
hazben wrote:
Looking at buying a CC. handgun for protection when I go camping.

Just curios, but why are you concealing a hand gun while camping? Or are you camping in a big community like KOA?

When we go camping the Glock 29 - 10 sits proudly on my hip like it was the late 1800's. Anyone approaching camp knows we are all armed. It even goes under my pillow at night, along with my Gerber LMF.

I used the term C.C. because I am looking for a gun which is smaller and easy to put in my pocket when I am going from my boat to the truck. Since I live in Arkansas it was actually suggested that I not get a CC permit (don't need one). The thought is if you have verifiable training you may be more legally liable if you use it. I have even heard of several folks turning in their CC permit due to this. I still plan on getting additional training for the handgun.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get best deal on C.C. handgun? [bcart1991] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcart1991 wrote:
Depending on your location, Adventure Outdoors in Marietta, GA has really good deals from time to time. But you'll have to have and FFL transfer if you're not in GA.

Otherwise, online forums etc in your area for private sales. I've bought a couple guns from the Outdoors Trader forum (then lost them all in a freak boating accident...), but it's not around any more.

bcart, just curious what kind of boating accident took your guns?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hazben wrote:

bcart, just curious what kind of boating accident took your guns?

There I was, bass fishing in Lake Michigan, when a freak hurricane came out of nowhere and capsized my boat. Luckily I was able to escape death.

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 2nd vote for grabagun.com
I have purchased a few M&P 2.0's from them in 9mm and have been extremely happy with their speed of shipping and prices. I have them shipped to my local Cabela's, and they do the FFL transfer for free since I have a Cabela's credit card.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get best deal on C.C. handgun? [drew_235] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,. for the input folks. Did some comparing and with a coupon code (free Shipping) found Grabagun to be about the best deal going
Quote Reply