Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift is Dumb
Quote | Reply
Okay not really I like Zwift, but is there a way to search events by day?

Right now I have to scroll down through all the events for the entire week, and that IS dumb. Please tell me I'm missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [Slowerthanyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowerthanyou wrote:

Right now I have to scroll down through all the events for the entire week, and that IS dumb. Please tell me I'm missing something?

zwift companion app
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Download the Zwift Companion App

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowerthanyou wrote:

https://zwiftpower.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I jump on your thread to ask another zwift question.

A lot of times after a ride, I get other zwifters I don't know giving me kudos on strava.

Is there an easy method to doing this? I have a hard time thinking people go to strava, click on my name, click down to activities, then give a kudo.

It seems a lot of work for someone you don't know halfway across the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to the "rode with" screen on your phone, shake it and it will give you the option to kudos everyone

Train hard to Race harder

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [ttoc6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shake it? Is that an iPhone thing?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another Zwift related - Dumb question...

when I want to do an all-out effort, I choose a Race event of (more or less) my FTP level (some days, if I have residual fatigue, I join a lower level race, but I tried not to be in the top)

when I want to ride with people I join a Ride event, and I try to select the pace which fit my FTP, and I do my best to be in this pace.

what the hell thinks someone who join a 3w/kg ish RIDE and start sprinting at more than 7w/kg to get an more than 2min distance with the group????
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [ivantriker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ivantriker wrote:
another Zwift related - Dumb question...

when I want to do an all-out effort, I choose a Race event of (more or less) my FTP level (some days, if I have residual fatigue, I join a lower level race, but I tried not to be in the top)

when I want to ride with people I join a Ride event, and I try to select the pace which fit my FTP, and I do my best to be in this pace.

what the hell thinks someone who join a 3w/kg ish RIDE and start sprinting at more than 7w/kg to get an more than 2min distance with the group????
Some people either, have technical problems, are rather immature, don't understand the intent of the ride, or perhaps are using the ride for something other than it's intended for. Don't worry about it. The secret to enjoying Zwift is to ignore individual instances of cheating or breaking from a group ride. Just let them go and forget about them. It doesn't effect anyone as long as you don't others trying to bring them back.
The bigger issue is groups that just don't follow the advertised intensity. Especially if there's no leader, or the leader let's it carry on without trying to address it until it's too late. Occasionally a group ride can break up entirely. However, that's not most rides in my experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was more to make fun about these kind of people, I am not really worry about them :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowerthanyou wrote:

Try https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/

Lots of ways to filter in the header including by specific day.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [chrisb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to not show your current watts? Sometimes I'd rather not have them so I'm not chasing numbers and can just ride to HR instead. Is there a way to customize the numbers readout to what we want, like how we do with our bike computers? For example, I can't see average watts until I'm done with the ride, or see any averages for a lap like you can with a bike computer.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [ivantriker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ivantriker wrote:

Oh yeah. That doesn't happen on "real" rides. For sure it's Zwift that brings out the worst in people. Totally.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tape over your screen? Old rowing hack...

In all seriousness, I would be very interested to have a hack that would let me work by HR (or at least have HR as the priority display) for my easier sessions - I tend to cap longer, easier sessions by HR whilst keeping an eye on power.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [ttoc6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttoc6 wrote:
Go to the "rode with" screen on your phone, shake it and it will give you the option to kudos everyone

Learning something new every day!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Is there a way to not show your current watts? Sometimes I'd rather not have them so I'm not chasing numbers and can just ride to HR instead. Is there a way to customize the numbers readout to what we want, like how we do with our bike computers? For example, I can't see average watts until I'm done with the ride, or see any averages for a lap like you can with a bike computer.

You can modify the xml file to hide on-screen “heads up display” elements, which will basically show you nothing. You could then use a head unit for HR. That's about as close as I can think for a solution

https://zwiftinsider.com/...inimal-distractions/

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [chrisb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to make your watts/kg display larger? All of the other metrics are nice and large but I need my readying classes read this one.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
ivantriker wrote:

Oh yeah. That doesn't happen on "real" rides. For sure it's Zwift that brings out the worst in people. Totally.
I think you're riding with the wrong "real" groups if this is something you're used to.
If individuals were to speed off the front during any group club rides I've done, they would not be left confused about what anyone thought of them. Any proper "real world" group ride doesn't tolerate that sort of stuff in my experience. A push up a climb where regroup at the top had been agreed - sure, a final sprint at the end of a 2, 3 or 4 hour - sure, but intentionally surging or breaking the group under normal circumstances - absolutely unacceptable.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Zwift hates you. No UI customization and w/kg purposely made super small. Actually, the w/kg was even smaller and less clear a few years back.

Really, I'd just like a way to add average power or normalized power to the UI. But alas, no customization options.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nightfend wrote:
Nope. Zwift hates you. No UI customization and w/kg purposely made super small. Actually, the w/kg was even smaller and less clear a few years back.

Really, I'd just like a way to add average power or normalized power to the UI. But alas, no customization options.
Does W/kg really matter mid ride for judging your own performance?
Your weight is fixed during the ride so power is better, as it provides better resolution.
I only look at W/kg mid ride to compare pace with other groups. So if I'm looking at mine, I also want to see others on the rider list at the bottom right. So the current layout suits. I think the layout is pretty good as is, however, I would be happy with an option to customise it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Zwift you have people trying to micromanage the movements of a hundred other people and it gets irritating. Then you have other denizens that feel compelled to type out every thought they have about everyone else's riding. Both of these things create a situation that's rife with opportunity for massive trolling.

The comments are hilarious. I've done a number of rides where that's pretty much all I focus on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
w/kg is pretty pointless for solo riding, but for group rides it's the exact opposite and pretty important. I have a LED projector, so it's big enough for me. But I can't imagine trying to read the w/kg on a tiny screen while riding.

I really hate that there is no average power number. They do show average power while climbing Alp de Zwift (after each turn) and also when doing certain Erg workouts with a "free" interval. But that's the only time it is shown.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh goodness yes. Sometimes it's a soap opera. Definitely makes the workouts fly by.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift is Dumb [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my point re w/kg. It's almost always needed relative to others so it belongs where it is in the rider list. I find it easy enough to read either on my 15.6" laptop screen or 40" flatscreen, but mayne it's trickier with other setups.

I agree about average power. I use my watch for that but it should really be available in Zwift. To make it useful, it should be in combination with a means to manually divide up the ride as you go like you would with the lap button on your watch or bike computer.
Quote Reply