Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best knee/arm warmers?
Quote | Reply
I need new pair(s). Have had tons of different versions over the years.

Riding in 35-50 dry weather

Prefer knee warmers with silicone grippers.

Who’s got the best these days?
Quote Reply
Re: Best knee/arm warmers? [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disclaimer: sponsored by Primal Wear.

But I genuinely really like their knee/arm warmers. They have the silicone grippers top and bottom, and zero slippage for me. And I like the knee warmers because their neutral shape is like a bent knee, if I'm explaining that correctly. Maybe most manufacturers do that, but the last few knee warmers I have have been straight tube-shaped, so they bunch up at the back when you bend your knee - which is of course all the time when cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a HUGE fan of the Pearl Izumi Knee-Warmers - https://www.pearlizumi.com/...ee_Warmer/p/14371707

Silicon gippers. Great fit. Articulated knee. Perfect weight.

I've had several pairs of them over the years. I consider them an essential part of any cyclists wardrobe. Put them on when you start out when it's cool. Take them off, when it warms up, and roll them up and stuff them in a back pocket. Climb up a big mountain - put them on at the top for the descent. The nice thing about knee warmers, as opposed to full leg warmers, you can take them off as you roll along.

I was just in Tucson for 10 days of riding - used them every day. We would start riding when it was 12C - 15C and some days I would keep them on for the rull three or so hour of the ride, but if It got warmer I would take them off mid to late ride.

Rode up Mt. Lemmon with them off, and then put them back on and a wind vest for the descent!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jan 20, 19 15:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All-round fan of Pearl Izumi. Just their standard black ones. Knee and arm warmers are both articulated which makes them comfy to wear. Very slightly hydrophobic which is handy (but they are fleece so no matter regardless). And cheap!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Defeet makes basically the best knee and arm warmers. For 35-50 I would go with their wool versions.

No silicone grippers, but made in the usa. I've never had slippage issues unless I'm wearing old scretched out bibs and my legs are completely hairy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Castelli Nano Arm/knee warmers. They repel water, so they are great on rainy days. The silicon grippers are on the inside and outside, so they grip your skin and your jersey/shorts. For me, this basically eliminated the problem of my knee warmers sliding down my legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Best knee/arm warmers? [seppo17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second Defeet. I've got both versions. I bought my first set of their arm warmers probably 20 years ago, I still use them more than any others.
Quote Reply
Re: Best knee/arm warmers? [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rob_bell wrote:
I like the Castelli Nano Arm/knee warmers.

Got some bright red ones this year. Quite pleased.
Quote Reply