Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Water in the Pool
Quote | Reply
The community college did the annual maintenance on the pool during the last two weeks. It opened this morning. They have apparently but in new water and it's a lot slower than the old water. A lot thicker and harder to move through.

Will the water break in after a while, or should I just get used to swimming slow?

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: New Water in the Pool [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it should be soaked in Simple Green, dried then waxed to make it faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t worry, once the aqua fit classes get in they’ll form the perfume slick on the water surface. That’ll break the surface tension and it’ll get faster.

Physics!

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've been playing around with new formulae. Currently, they're testing out a 4 parts hydrogen to 2 parts oxygen ratio. That's probably what you're experiencing.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they switch to disc brakes?

AutomaticJack wrote:
The community college did the annual maintenance on the pool during the last two weeks. It opened this morning. They have apparently but in new water and it's a lot slower than the old water. A lot thicker and harder to move through.

Will the water break in after a while, or should I just get used to swimming slow?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is your seat too high???

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They probably filled it with heavy water by accident, or maybe a nearby nuclear reactor gave them a deal. Either way, you should be ok as it isn't toxic: https://en.wikipedia.org/...r#Toxicity_in_humans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Entirely due to the lower salinity levels of fresh water compared to the year of people-peeing-in-the-pool water...

Give it a few months, the urine will raise the salinity levels and you'll be riding high again! đź‘Ť

I won't swim in my indoor community pool from June until after the September annual maintenance and water change. The summer camps ALL use the pool, it's always packed with kids bobbing up and down like they're making soup, and NOBODY ever gets out to pee... gross...
Quote Reply