Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super easy for your wife to see you minimum 2x on each loop of run as goes down both side of Waterway. Lots of cross overs and shortcuts around the course for spectators. Plus many places to grab drinks, food, etc. Good luck with your day!

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m with you dude, it’s a good race overall and the 97% of people who take part and have never heard of the ST Forum feel the same way I’d guess.

All haters now flame away ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The multiple viewings could be great or awful depending on how the day is going.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think many first timers really care about the experience. It is the challenge of completing an ironman that is the main goal. You sign up for Houston knowing you aren't going to see mountains and crystal clear water. If you did, jokes on you.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [trihawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trihawg wrote:
Interesting reading the athlete's guide that the zipper rule is now "may be unzipped to any length provided the zipper is connected at the bottom of the uniform at all times and the top of the uniform covers the shoulders."

Anybody know if this is just for Ironman Texas? Or this a rule applicable for all Ironman races??
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
trihawg wrote:
Interesting reading the athlete's guide that the zipper rule is now "may be unzipped to any length provided the zipper is connected at the bottom of the uniform at all times and the top of the uniform covers the shoulders."

Anybody know if this is just for Ironman Texas? Or this a rule applicable for all Ironman races??

This is from the Oceanside 70.3 Athlete Guide so if that is the same thing then may be something being implemented across the brand.

“8. RUNNING WITH A BARE TORSO IS PROHIBITED. ATHLETES MUST WEAR A SHIRT, JERSEY, OR SPORTTOP/SPORTS BRA AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RUN SEGMENT OF THE RACE. UNIFORMS WITH A FRONT ZIPPER MAY BE UNZIPPED TO ANY LENGTH, PROVIDED, THE ZIPPER IS CONNECTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE UNIFORM AT ALL TIMES AND THE TOP OF THE UNIFORM COVERS THE SHOULDERS. THE UNIFORM SHOULD BE FULLY ZIPPED WHEN CROSSING THE FINISH LINE.”

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
.....Be prepared for an uninspired experience. Swimming in a retention pond, riding on a toll highway, and running around a shopping mall is not a very scenic experience....It's not really a complaint, more an observation.

I agree. Especially the "observation not complaint" part. I am going to race it again next year. 3rd time. The good things about the race - the general convenience, the spectators, the competition - far out weigh the annoying aspects. But at the end of the day it is, in fact, a duck shit-filled retention pond.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was fun! It going to be a while till I do another IM.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you like that wind on the southbound bike segments? I’ve never been so glad to turn and head north.
Weather couldn’t have been more perfect though (other than wind) - great day for a race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how were the draft packs compared to last year?

im shooing for my first full in 2020. being a texan it seems appropriate for houston to be my first full.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I saw a couple of small packs, more referees than previous years. Nothing particularly outrageous compared to previous years.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seemed like on the first loop there were only a handful of packs of folks, but the wind did its job and split up a lot of the packs. I would say by the second lap it was a pretty honest day.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drafting was minimal, I was in lead AG bike group, we had a marshal with us almost all the way to the first turn around. He gave out around 7-8 penalties very early on and from then on everything went single file from my point looked pretty legal. That same Marshal just kept going up and down the line, that grouped thinned to 3 after after the turn around. I got to the second turn around and me and one other guy hit another group that lacked on. That group we caught was not riding so legal, At last turn around pretty much went for it for it with the tail wind and broke those guys off, crushed my legs in the process and was probably not that smart but it was fun! ....... Given the amount of people on out there and amount of fast guys it seemed pretty fair for the most part on the day.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(Not my AG) But heard M50-54 rolled to 27th??? Cant be right? Any got a shot of final slot allocations?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Drafting was minimal, I was in lead AG bike group, we had a marshal with us almost all the way to the first turn around. He gave out around 7-8 penalties very early on and from then on everything went single file from my point looked pretty legal. That same Marshal just kept going up and down the line, that grouped thinned to 3 after after the turn around. I got to the second turn around and me and one other guy hit another group that lacked on. That group we caught was not riding so legal, At last turn around pretty much went for it for it with the tail wind and broke those guys off, crushed my legs in the process and was probably not that smart but it was fun! ....... Given the amount of people on out there and amount of fast guys it seemed pretty fair for the most part on the day.

yep wind kept the packs down. got a little dangerous when the lead groups caught the packs with only one lane to pass. saw a few crashes due to the narrow passing lanes but overall a great bike course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xcchampion11 wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:

yep wind kept the packs down. got a little dangerous when the lead groups caught the packs with only one lane to pass. saw a few crashes due to the narrow passing lanes but overall a great bike course.

South bound 2nd loop people where not moving to the left and where riding 2-3 across the road. I was having to ride in the middle of the road while yelling to get by. Not the safest. Overall I would say it was a major success compared to last year. I don't think I would go back again but I think race officials did much better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
(Not my AG) But heard M50-54 rolled to 27th??? Cant be right? Any got a shot of final slot allocations?

I heard the same thing. I don't know how they did the awarding of slots, but the 50-54 age group got the slot from the 75-79 age group, which didn't have a finisher, so if they waited to announce that until the very end, the people probably had left.

Anyway, here is the slot allocation:

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike course legit distance this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Bike course legit distance this year?

112 on the dot for me
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpay wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:

I heard the same thing. I don't know how they did the awarding of slots, but the 50-54 age group got the slot from the 75-79 age group, which didn't have a finisher, so if they waited to announce that until the very end, the people probably had left.

Anyway, here is the slot allocation:

Thanks, Silvan dead on. How far did 40-44 roll. I know I did not take mine and 1 other I know where not taking slots, hope people stuck around.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man we gotta get you on some new bike courses! great? its a cement view for 80 miles. that course sucks! But I do agree - well officiated and fair racing mostly.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 2019 Official Thread [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
man we gotta get you on some new bike courses! great? its a cement view for 80 miles. that course sucks! But I do agree - well officiated and fair racing mostly.

I was ok with it, its like having blinders on.

Quote Reply

Prev Next