Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you don't like Bruce F'ing Willis, you are an F'ing Communist!
Quote | Reply
Damn straight! Bruce Willis is a national treasure!!!

And, if you haven't see the Comedy Central roast of Bruce Willis, you are missing out!

Is Bruce Willis the biggest American movie star of his generation without an Oscar nomination? He’s definitely a movie star: To date, his films have grossed a shade over $3 billion, an amount that puts him squarely on the all-time top earners list without the benefit of participation in a long-running fantasy or superhero franchise. (Yes, you’re very clever, Unbreakable is a superhero movie, and Die Hard is a Christmas movie, and shut up).
And yet, unlike generational peers such as Tom Cruise and Nicolas Cage, Willis has never really been an art film guy. Glance at his filmography, and you can count the brand-name auteurs on one hand (or one fist made with your toes): Quentin Tarantino, Wes Anderson, M. Night Shyamalan, Robert Zemeckis … does Terry Gilliam count? Forget about comparing Willis to Daniel Day-Lewis. Even next to fellow Expendables like Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, and Sylvester Stallone, consolidated prestige seems to have passed him by.

https://www.theringer.com/...career-retrospective

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Jan 18, 19 20:10
Quote Reply
Re: If you don't like Bruce F'ing Willis, you are an F'ing Communist! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a huge difference between a "action star" and somebody who can actually act, even in today's dumbed down celebrity following world.
Quote Reply
Re: If you don't like Bruce F'ing Willis, you are an F'ing Communist! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bruce can actually act.

While I type this, I am watching Red, which is an amazingly underrated movie. Also, Mary-Louise Parker is insanely hot. I'm pretty sure I love her.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: If you don't like Bruce F'ing Willis, you are an F'ing Communist! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Bruce can actually act.

While I type this, I am watching Red, which is an amazingly underrated movie. Also, Mary-Louise Parker is insanely hot. I'm pretty sure I love her.

But could he actually really fight? :-)

Red sucked IMHO. But everybody has different tastes. Nobody is right or wrong in what they enjoy watching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Bruce can actually act.

Everything you said is correct. (Cerveloguy is an idiot).

M-LP was also in a sleeper dark comedy from 1998 that I recently watched and enjoyed: Goodbye Lover.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: If you don't like Bruce F'ing Willis, you are an F'ing Communist! [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
JSA wrote:
Bruce can actually act.

Everything you said is correct. (Cerveloguy is an idiot).

M-LP was also in a sleeper dark comedy from 1998 that I recently watched and enjoyed: Goodbye Lover.

I wish I had your ability to pick out academy award winning grade B movies. I was going to call you an idiot but why bother since you already proved it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of fighters that are underrated, I don't understand why this guy hasn't received his Oscar's yet. I mean, come on...

Quote Reply
Re: If you don't like Bruce F'ing Willis, you are an F'ing Communist! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Speaking of fighters that are underrated, I don't understand why this guy hasn't received his Oscar's yet. I mean, come on...

No kidding. Just about every list of greatest movies ever starts out:

The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Bloodsport, Shindler’s List
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Bruce can actually act.

Red & Red 2 are among my favourite movies, plus you're right, Mary-Louise Parker is sort of smok'n...

Quote Reply
Re: If you don't like Bruce F'ing Willis, you are an F'ing Communist! [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

No kidding. Just about every list of greatest movies ever starts out:

The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Bloodsport, Shindler’s List

Let us not forget one of the greatest kicka$$ movies of all time - Roadhouse. Now this guy could act and fight!

Roadhouse, Point Break, Red Dawn, The Outsiders, etc., etc., etc.

And for the womens, he had it too...

Quote Reply
Re: If you don't like Bruce F'ing Willis, you are an F'ing Communist! [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply