Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bring back Old Hickory!!! [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Lol! You see? I knew it was missing something. =)

:-) Actually my flippant response was probably wrong in large part. I've been reflecting on this, and although surface runoff certainly has a role, I bet that the major "source" for those surface currents is not surface runoff, but wind-driven upwelling. Putting it in terms of the continuity equation, del dot V = -dw/dz, where V is the surface velocity vector (2-dimensional), and w is the vertical velocity.

I'd like to know more about the model behind that cool graphic, but unfortunately the NOAA site where it originated is not available due to the government shutdown.

So at this point all we can safely conclude is that windy and JSA both drink a lot of poo water!
Quote Reply
Re: Bring back Old Hickory!!! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
I miss vitus. I wish that little bitch would come back.

Almost forgot about Vitus. I actually invited him up to do a tri in our area, stay at our place, hang out and drink some beer. Different political views but we could stand each other for a night or two I'm sure. Sort of like us right? :-)

Actually we'd do much better together, because Vitus wasn't that much of a beer lover from what I remember.

You and I would be good friends in real life. I have no doubt. I could put aside your Castro-loving ways.

Totally agree. We'd be smuggling you into Cuba on a Toronto or Montreal flight to the most fun place you've ever been and would give you a different perspective.. And the Cuban beer is actually very good, not to mention the rum.:-) You definitely have always seemed like a guy I can easily hang out with. Gotta come down with the wife to the beer capital of America sometime. Neither of us have actually been in your hood (and I've been all over the USA) so its on the bucket list.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Bring back Old Hickory!!! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
How about Record10carbon I think it was? Anyone know how old Chip is doing these days? Had him for a stay at my place once, in the middle of the week he just disappeared, have no idea where he was off to, then reappeared before his stay was up..Good dude though, seemed to be working through some issues...

^This! And Chainpin - because he gave us the "Cry Like a Little Biatch" thread. And JackMott.
Quote Reply
Re: Bring back Old Hickory!!! [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
monty wrote:
How about Record10carbon I think it was? Anyone know how old Chip is doing these days? Had him for a stay at my place once, in the middle of the week he just disappeared, have no idea where he was off to, then reappeared before his stay was up..Good dude though, seemed to be working through some issues...

^This! And Chainpin - because he gave us the "Cry Like a Little Biatch" thread. And JackMott.

Chain pin and Jackmott took their balls and went home. They weren’t banned.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next