Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beware people who pray!
Quote | Reply
Trump tweet:

"Border rancher: 'We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal.' Washington Examiner. People coming across the Southern Border from many countries, some of which would be a big surprise."

So another piece of thinly veiled racism based on completely unsubstantiated claims. And again, plausible deniability that what he's really saying is, "Muslims, who are all terrorists, are invading our southern border."
Quote Reply
Re: Beware people who pray! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you see a prayer rug and imply that it is proof of Islamic terrorism, that's not subtle racism. That's racism plain and simple and for good measure, some fear mongering thrown in for good measure.

But, there are people who will have no problem with it. They'll be coming here to explain what Trump really meant in 3, 2, 1...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they come all this way, carry their sacred religious items across desert, rivers, mountains, and fences. Finally get to their destinations where they wish to carry out attacks on America surreptitiously, and THEN dump these sacred items that will give them away in the US.

Literally incredible.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Trump tweet:

"Border rancher: 'We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal.' Washington Examiner. People coming across the Southern Border from many countries, some of which would be a big surprise."

So another piece of thinly veiled racism based on completely unsubstantiated claims. And again, plausible deniability that what he's really saying is, "Muslims, who are all terrorists, are invading our southern border."

Fake news. Only Lutherans and Rotarians are invading our southern border.

Speaking of fake news...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/...r-fence-Arizona.html
Quote Reply
Re: Beware people who pray! [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Trump tweet:

Speaking of fake news...

You are going to need to point me to where that article mentions prayer rugs.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Beware people who pray! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Trump tweet:

Speaking of fake news...

You are going to need to point me to where that article mentions prayer rugs.

It's in the same section where rapists, murderers and drug dealers are mentioned. All a bunch of bad hombres hajjis.
Quote Reply
Re: Beware people who pray! [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Trump tweet:

Speaking of fake news...

So what you are saying is that a border wall is highly ineffective.

Ok. Thanks?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Beware people who pray! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Trump tweet:

Speaking of fake news...

So what you are saying is that a border wall is highly ineffective.

Ok. Thanks?

Yes.

You're welcome.

And I'm an independent. I hate both sides equally.
Quote Reply
Re: Beware people who pray! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
When you see a prayer rug and imply that it is proof of Islamic terrorism, that's not subtle racism. That's racism plain and simple and for good measure, some fear mongering thrown in for good measure.

But, there are people who will have no problem with it. They'll be coming here to explain what Trump really meant in 3, 2, 1...

Didn't realize Islam was a race. Does that make the Democratic senators attacking prospective judges for being in the Knights of Columbus racist too?
Quote Reply
Re: Beware people who pray! [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's good to have you back, windy!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"In 2014, David Dewhurst, then the lieutenant governor of Texas, invoked prayer rugs found “on the Texas side of the border in the brush.” PolitiFact Texas rated his claim “Pants on Fire,” and noted that it could find only one photo of a purported prayer rug, presented by the conservative news outlet Breitbart.
That photo, eight scholars and religious figures said, looked nothing like a prayer rug, and it appears to have been removed from the current version of the Breitbart article. (Perhaps, suggested Gawker, the photo was actually of an Adidas soccer jersey.)"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/18/us/politics/fact-check-trump-prayer-rugs-border.html

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Didn't realize Islam was a race. Does that make the Democratic senators attacking prospective judges for being in the Knights of Columbus racist too?

Regardless, it’s hella easier to cross from Canada into the US than from
Mexico. Gee, if I were a terrorist which border would I choose to cross?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

While factually accurate complete non sequitur to my post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
So they come all this way, carry their sacred religious items across desert, rivers, mountains, and fences. Finally get to their destinations where they wish to carry out attacks on America surreptitiously, and THEN dump these sacred items that will give them away in the US.

Literally incredible.

You, obviously, have not seen Sicario: Day of the Soldado ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I don’t recall ever arguing that it was a oui sequitur to your post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

If not related to my post then why quote my post?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

If not related to my post then why quote my post?

Why the hell are you questioning me, new guy?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Literally incredible.

This was my exact thought.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply