Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sonic Stryke clip ons
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried the Sonic Stryke clip ons? Like 'em? Slowman included a bit in a review that talked about it being helpful to have the new Stoker base bar which doesn't drop in diameter as you go out from the center - anyone tried it on a regular bar?

Deke
Quote Reply
Re: Sonic Stryke clip ons [deke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to purchase a pair, but I couldn't find any specs on weight/adjustability on the profile site. Are these bars even in production yet?

Aaron
Quote Reply
Re: Sonic Stryke clip ons [DabossAJK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Zone shows them for sale at tri-zone.com. They look really cool, but trizone.com lists them at 498 grams, which is way heavier than my C2 areobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are avilaibale. I think they ended up being a bit heavier and a bit more expensive than originally promised, hence the lack of popularity. They also are coming out at a time when every company under the sun has clip-ons and trick integrated bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen a pair, and played with them in a store. They sure look cool, they would seem to be comfortable, and they don't have much rise on them. They would not appear to be too adjustable though, and are not cheap.

Deke
Quote Reply
Re: Sonic Stryke clip ons [deke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the chance to check these out several years ago. Bob Duncan of Wheelie Fun MultiSport in Lebanon, OH adapted the idea from the blokes at MDT. After pitching the design like a snake oil salesman for a while he finally got Profile to take them to production. They are not a lost-core product, so they ended up a bit beefier than they could be (wait till you see FSA's new clip ons!) They have some adjustment on the base bar, but none for length. I haven't ridden many miles on them, but have tried them out on a bike adjusted for me. They seem nice and would be a good fit tool where a "compact" fit is needed. Their low stack, and simplistic design are both benefits and limitations. At $250+ I'd suggest you buy in person rather than roll the dice with a mail order purchase.

If you are ever in Southern Ohio, drop in and see Bob. He, and his store are the real deal.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Sonic Stryke clip ons [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"... adapted the idea from the blokes at MDT..."

Dave, who (or perhaps what) is MDT? Thanks for the help.

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: Greg/ORD: Jan 26, 04 23:12
Quote Reply
Re: Sonic Stryke clip ons [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think SuperDave is referring to this aerobar:

http://www.mdt-products.com/...egrated-tribars.html

Sergio Marques

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sonic Stryke clip ons [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct. Plenty slick, but costly at about $850 USD.

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Sonic Stryke clip ons [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about to chuck my pair on....i'll let ya know what i think after I take them out on feb. 8th's fiesta island time trial. Keith (just a roadie)
Quote Reply