Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Argon E-118 Next [jonmhicks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonmhicks wrote:
Now that you mention, I have found pictures of both types of extension. Must have been different runs. I guess it would depend how far out your extensions are as to how much it would be in the way.

I wonder why they would do that. Having no option to go any narrower or wider with the aerobars is making me kinda nervous
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E-118 Next [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just my opinion, but except for the extremes, it's likely more important to be able to adjust the arm rests wider/narrower to achieve a comfortable position rather than the actual extensions. The option is nice, but probably not necessary for many. You could always get new extensions if it's an issue - unfortunately added cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonmhicks wrote:
Just my opinion, but except for the extremes, it's likely more important to be able to adjust the arm rests wider/narrower to achieve a comfortable position rather than the actual extensions. The option is nice, but probably not necessary for many. You could always get new extensions if it's an issue - unfortunately added cost.

Good point!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonmhicks wrote:
Now that you mention, I have found pictures of both types of extension. Must have been different runs. I guess it would depend how far out your extensions are as to how much it would be in the way.

Regarding the bridge piece, that was a design change on the newer Argon models. But the bike shop that did mine up, put a similar piece in there as well. It looks like it is strapped in the place. The distance looks right you, can rotate and set the pads up and get used to it, no big deal.

I was beside a guy riding the newer bike - it's very nice. I'll guarantee it has a solid bottom bracket/triangle and they are designed with some compliance up top. 75mm wheels are perfect for this setup, in anything but a hurricane. C'mon.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E-118 Next: Good or meh? [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinda resurrecting an old thread, sorry.

I just purchased the 2014 Argon 18 E118. Very excited to finally have a tri specfic bike. As I am shopping for "accessories" I realize the front of the top tube has a big sold triangle under it. Wondering what good top tube bento/bag would be good for this frame given there are no top braze ons for this model year.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E-118 Next: Good or meh? [sgreenstonenj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
idk if this helps but when I had an e-112 10 years ago I used a dark speed works bento that had velcor straps. worked great.

Quote Reply
Re: Argon E-118 Next: Good or meh? [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx I'll take a look at that
Quote Reply

Prev Next