Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked” [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

Are there really people that think Trump would not have undermined the USA and its institutions to simply further his goals and ego?

I think in Trump's mind those are one and the same. Whatever is good for him is by extension good for the US. I'm still sticking with my speculation that the Russians made a patsy out of Trump and have got him to do things to further their own aims unbeknownst to him.

How hard would it be? All you need to do is play to his ego and greed. I don't think he's ethical or smart enough to figure out he was being played.

Yes, this is more or less where I am on Trump and the Russians: Trump is not a Russian agent, or taking orders from the Kremlin, but he is what intelligence agencies call a useful idiot: someone who has been manipulated to act in accordance with a foreign power's agenda

I love it.

At best he’s a useful idiot. At worst...

Hey look over there!!! Immagants!!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jan 15, 19 5:10
Quote Reply
Re: “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked” [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amstel wrote:

I believe he wanted Wikileaks to produce Hillary's emails. I wanted this also.

I think you mean the DNC emails (which revealed the earth-shattering scoop that the DNC had a mild disdain for Bernie), not "Hillary's emails." But the point is that he may have gone significantly beyond merely "wanting."

So let me ask more specifically. This is a purely hypothetical question. I'm not basing this off any actual event. Do you think it's OK for a U.S. political campaign to coordinate with the intelligence services of somewhat hostile foreign governments in order to commit crimes to gain advantage over other U.S. political campaigns? Is that OK as long "you want it?"

Again, purely hypothetical.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 15, 19 5:52
Quote Reply
Re: “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked” [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Amstel wrote:

I believe he wanted Wikileaks to produce Hillary's emails. I wanted this also.

I think you mean the DNC emails (which revealed the earth-shattering scoop that the DNC had a mild disdain for Bernie), not "Hillary's emails." But the point is that he may have gone significantly beyond merely "wanting."

So let me ask more specifically. This is a purely hypothetical question. I'm not basing this off any actual event. Do you think it's OK for a U.S. political campaign to coordinate with the intelligence services of somewhat hostile foreign governments in order to commit crimes to commit crimes to gain advantage over other U.S. political campaigns? Is that OK as long "you want it?"

Again, purely hypothetical.

I don't think Amstel has any interest in having an actual conversation about this. He just chimed in to make a couple of pithy comments pseudo-defending Trump, feigning ignorance (maybe not feigning) and then ducking out of the thread. It's becoming a familiar pattern.
Quote Reply
Re: “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked” [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If true, https://www.nytimes.com/...&pgtype=Homepage

Then this Russian asset needs to go, like soon. And the entire trump/pence crew.
Quote Reply
Re: “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked” [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can think of many reasons why US presidents' meetings with other world leaders have had detailed notes of them made, and indeed it has been standard protocol since Eisenhower.

Can anyone offer any reasons why Trump's first meeting with Putin in Hamburg in 2017 had only a US interpreter present, whose notes he confiscated afterwards and he then told them not to discuss details of the meeting with any US officials, while at the second meeting in Hamburg the only people present were Putin, Trump and Putin's interpreter?
Quote Reply
Re: “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked” [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
I can think of many reasons why US presidents' meetings with other world leaders have had detailed notes of them made, and indeed it has been standard protocol since Eisenhower.

Can anyone offer any reasons why Trump's first meeting with Putin in Hamburg in 2017 had only a US interpreter present, whose notes he confiscated afterwards and he then told them not to discuss details of the meeting with any US officials, while at the second meeting in Hamburg the only people present were Putin, Trump and Putin's interpreter?

The only reason I can offer is that they discussed things that might embarrass Lyin' Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

But, but there's no proof.

Sincerely, Jim @ LOTO, MO, Bk, Duffy, ACE etc.

Quote Reply
Re: “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked” [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

But, but there's no proof.

Sincerely, Jim @ LOTO, MO, Bk, Duffy, ACE etc.

wait... there's no proof of there being no records of the meetings? Can you prove that?
Quote Reply

Prev Next