Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3C Build Advice: Wheel & Tire Choice
Quote | Reply
I'm building up a 2010 P3C. I currently have a set of HED Jet 5's that I used for some road races and crits, which I love. I don't think they are the pluses, but they are wide. I have been running 23mm tires, which on the wheels have no bulge...very smooth transition to the brake track. Anyway, I was wondering if its worth getting a deeper wheel, like a Jet 9 or Zipp 808, or going with a tri spoke. I've read on this forum about how the width of the fork and wheel can make a aerodynamic difference. The bike will have a Tririg Alpha X cockpit and either Magura hydraulics and Omega X, so I think wheel choice is the next logical upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Build Advice: Wheel & Tire Choice [dhoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of forks, would it be beneficial to upgrade my fork to a P4? Has anyone tried a P5 fork on the older P3C?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a disc cover for the rear and with that and your other 5 up front you'll have a plenty fast setup
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wheel cover and Vittoria Corsa Speed 23mm tires

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Build Advice: Wheel & Tire Choice [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the disc cover for my Jet 5, so it sounds like not much to be gained from a deeper front wheel. What about a P4 or P5 (3 or 6) fork? Those can be purchased for much less than a deeper front wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you're going to do that you might as well source yourself an entire P4...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P5-3 fork on my 2012 p3c: https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4xBNBcjJQ7YX5pi7. I run 25mm wide chinese carbon and there would be no clearance issues with even a 25mm tire on the front. I run a 23 attack for racing though.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Build Advice: Wheel & Tire Choice [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I would think the P5 three fork is more aero than the P3C fork, BUT it the p5 three fork and p3c frame were not designed around each other. Just on looks alone, does it look like it belongs (especially near the head tube)? Any noticeable benefits over the original fork?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dhoose wrote:
Nice! I would think the P5 three fork is more aero than the P3C fork, BUT it the p5 three fork and p3c frame were not designed around each other. Just on looks alone, does it look like it belongs (especially near the head tube)? Any noticeable benefits over the original fork?

I bought a P5-6 fork that I was planning to mount on a Chinese frame, but found I couldn't get the needed size adapter, so it's sitting...

Because it is designed to integrate with a wider headtube like on the new P2, P3, and P5 it's going to stick out quite a bit on the sides relative to the P3C. The flat top of the fork is 56mm wide, and I bet the P3C headtube maxes at 46mm or less. Otherwise it should be fine.

Do you have the original fork? I think it's the 3T Funda.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Build Advice: Wheel & Tire Choice [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do have the 3t fork, which I know is a nice fork and was designed for the frame. I'm just trying to put together the fastest p3c bike I can, and I have fun searching for these little gains. I'm wondering if any aero gains by a more aero fork will be lost with the frame not being designed around that fork, as you have mentioned concerning head tube width (and possible down tube width).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are comfortable working with fiberglass and epoxy, you could fair in the headtube and downtube region of the P3C frame so it is well integrated to the P5 fork. That would probably be ideal. Work though....
Quote Reply