Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nothing to see here, nyet [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
I'm always very careful to state what is my opinion vs what is known. Unlike some around here. And yet you have a problem with that?

It's kind of like asking whether the Cowboys are going to win today or are the Rams going to win. There is definitely a betting favorite. One team is going to win and one team is going to lose. I'm just noting how important it is to you that others believe in your opinion of some unknown outcome.

Kay Serrar wrote:
What do you think about Trump Campaign officials and Trump's family's ties to the Russians during the campaign? (It's ok to express an opinion, even if it's negative about our president.)

I think that the Trump campaign had some unethical members in it -- even though that's a statement that could be made about a lot of Presidential campaigns. I think that Trump is one of the more unethical Presidents we've had. I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller comes up with some pretty politically damaging stuff around the Russia communications (well above 50%). I think it's well below 50% that Mueller comes up with high crimes or misdemeanors (impeachable stuff).

Yeah, starting at the top with Donnie himself.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here, nyet [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
I think it's well below 50% that Mueller comes up with high crimes or misdemeanors (impeachable stuff).

It's worth noting here, that I think "high crimes or misdemeanors" is whatever the hell Congress wants it to be, whether lying about arranging illegal theft from a political party or lying about bjs with an intern. It is not a criminal trial, and there is no legal standard where Congress impeaches and then the Supreme Court strikes it because it doesn't qualify as "impeachable."

It's essentially about getting 1/2 the Hizzle and 2/3 of the Senate to think the President should go. It is a political - rather than legal - process. And I don't mean that as a pejorative. It's just what it is, and how it's defined by the Constitution.

Edit: And I don't think Mueller would try to ever call any particular act a "high crime" or "misdemeanor." He's likely going to dump a report on the lap of Congress, saying. "Here's what we know. Ball's in your court to decide what to do with it. I'm going on a six month vacation. Because, damn."
Last edited by: trail: Jan 12, 19 19:45
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here, nyet [North] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WaPo is now reporting that Trump has gone to “extraordinary lengths” to conceal the specifics of his conversations with Putin including physically taking the interpreter’s notes. If it turns out that he is actually working for the Russian government, what does that say about us that we let him stay in office for multiple years? Do we use firing squad or hanging for treason?

The Democrats are saying they are going to subpoena the notes from the translator.

The interesting thing is that Rex Tillerson was in one of the meetings with Trump so he could also testify as to what was said. Trump made an enemy out of Tillerson too so this may come back to bite him.

Keep your friends close and enemies closer...
Quote Reply

Prev Next