Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Godspeed
Quote | Reply
The Vatican just announced that they are sending a track and field team to the Olympics:

https://www.theguardian.com/...an-olympic-committee

Personally, I think this is awesome. But, I'm bracing for snarky sex-scandal comments from the usual suspects here.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Godspeed [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as they make the time standards, I dont see a problem. But you know what is going to happen, all of a sudden there are going to be 6 Kenyans working for the Vatican, you know, the ones that only run 2;06 for the marathon...

What do they think the 62 year old guy is going to compete in?? Dont think they have auto racing in the olympics, so pretty much will be shut out, unless he is the Earl Anthony of the Vatican!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Godspeed [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
As long as they make the time standards, I dont see a problem. But you know what is going to happen, all of a sudden there are going to be 6 Kenyans working for the Vatican, you know, the ones that only run 2;06 for the marathon...

What do they think the 62 year old guy is going to compete in?? Dont think they have auto racing in the olympics, so pretty much will be shut out, unless he is the Earl Anthony of the Vatican!!!

Yeah I was thinking of sending this to my daughter and telling her when she gets her MD she might want to look at working in the Vatican so she can become an Olympic thrower.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Godspeed [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is prayer considered a PED? ;-)

Yah, I don't see them being in the running for medals, even if they can qualify for some events. But, I think it will be cool to watch, sort of like the first Jamaican Bobsled team.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is cool. The Olympics need a ‘country’ whose leadership do not allow women in the ranks, whose leaders are banned from marriage and are banned from performing gay marriage, who ban birth control and whose leadership have a nasty habit of sexual assaulting young boys. It’s about time the Olympics move into the 12th century.
Quote Reply
Re: Godspeed [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that didn't take long.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’re welcome. ; )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they will have an unfair advantage in the pole vault;

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or is the Pope's refusal to address the sexual abuse hanging over every message put out by the Catholic church?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
Well, that didn't take long.

JD21 beat me to it.
Quote Reply