Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have you guys checked to see who jacob wohl is? that should tell you how much credence to put into this 'rumour.'

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
have you guys checked to see who jacob wohl is? that should tell you how much credence to put into this 'rumour.'

Have you considered who Big Kahuna is? That's what should have told everyone how much credence to put into the rumor.

I mean, he started right off with - What I'm about to tell you is a load of bullshit, but I'm going to say it anyway to see if I can generate any buzz.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

I'm still laughing at BK's characterization of Wohl as "some Trump supporter" like he didnt know exactly who he was.
All part of the 'impartial observer and commenter' schtick though.
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

I'm still laughing at BK's characterization of Wohl as "some Trump supporter" like he didnt know exactly who he was.

Never heard of the dumbass before I stumbled across his announcement. Don't really care who he is, either, but I will say that he seems a little off center.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jan 12, 19 8:18
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Well, the day, and work week, are all but done and RBG is still alive and hasn't resigned yet. And when you click on the link, the source material for this rumor is no longer there. Another one bites the dust ;-)

That actually makes me feel good. For one, because I personally like her and for another, because she should exit on her own terms and in her own good time.

My guess is she'll try to hold on until a certain president is out of office.

I only bring this post forward to contrast the opposing thread and your latest comment. In echo of slowguy's question, Will the real BK step forward?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

Never heard of the dumbass before I stumbled across his announcement. Don't really care who he is, either, but I will say that he seems a little off center.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it tomorrow yet?

TBH, I fully expect RBG to pass away before Trump leaves office. But the dipshit referenced in the OP certainly wouldn't have any non-public info on it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Is it tomorrow yet?

TBH, I fully expect RBG to pass away before Trump leaves office. But the dipshit referenced in the OP certainly wouldn't have any non-public info on it.

https://www.msn.com/...HJti?ocid=spartandhp

what if the Senate had to take up an impeachment trial and a SC justice confirmation at the same time?? or choose between which one to take up??
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
j p o wrote:
Is it tomorrow yet?

what if the Senate had to take up an impeachment trial and a SC justice confirmation at the same time?? or choose between which one to take up??

I could have sworn the rule was that in the year leading up to a presidential election, that the Senate will not hold hearings on a Supreme Court seat.
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
j p o wrote:
Is it tomorrow yet?

I could have sworn the rule was that in the year leading up to a presidential election, that the Senate will not hold hearings on a Supreme Court seat.

that's exactly my point. McConnell changes his position (I know you will be shocked and chagrined) , then decides to take up the SC nominee as more pressing business thereby delaying the impeachment trial (that he also promised needed to occur if impeachment occurred). Forcing Dems to either hurry the confirmation process along or delay the impeachment trial until after the election.

Interesting times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope the Dems "Weekend at Bernie's" her ass if need be.
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Notorious RBG to Resign Tomorrow [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
I hope the Dems "Weekend at Bernie's" her ass if need be.

I remember the days when Moscow used to say that Breznev "had a cold" when it was really like a stroke or something
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
chaparral wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
j p o wrote:
Is it tomorrow yet?

that's exactly my point. McConnell changes his position (I know you will be shocked and chagrined) , then decides to take up the SC nominee as more pressing business thereby delaying the impeachment trial (that he also promised needed to occur if impeachment occurred). Forcing Dems to either hurry the confirmation process along or delay the impeachment trial until after the election.

Interesting times.

McConnel would not want to delay impeachment. He knows that the longer it goes on, the more will be found out, and the worse it will get. Much better to get it over with and then say the democrats should stop investigating.
Quote Reply

Prev Next