Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Funky paint job...
Quote | Reply
Hi all...

If you guys remember... there was a pic of a TT bike with swirls painted on the rear wheel about 3-4 months ago... Well i updated the bike with a new frame... GT edge aero... A front disk wheel... And new paint ....

The Wheels still need to be clear coated... So it will look much better when its all done... but here is a sneak peek...

http://webpages.charter.net/...llahack/Dscn0245.jpg

crazy huh ?
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [Solar + Monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ouch!

However, this looks like one of the precursers of the Tiemeyer I'm interested in.

How does it ride?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got my HED front, taking it out for the first spin soon - will be using it in TT's on mild wind days

review to come!
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which HED front?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awsome!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you really ride it with the saddle tilted down that much? I'm also not sure its such a good idea to paint over the braking surface like that. Other than that, well, interesting. . .
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Which HED front? Front disc, 700c tubular I've always wondered if the urban legend of a front disc being too difficult to ride was true. In the wind tunnel [Cobb] it accounts for a 60 second advantage over 40k, which is huge. Guess we'll find out ... testing and full review to come.
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tie meyer ? sorry im not familiar with that ...

what is that ?

Also, it rides very nice... in low wind conditions...

Very fast...
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh... you got it already ?

SWEET!!!

Hope they gave you the ROAD axle...

I told HED that it was for my TT bike... NOT a track bike... But i think there was a little confusion and they sent it to me with a Track axle...

DAMN to quick release... But i got lucky... Went to my LBS (triathlete zonbies) and they gave me the correct axle for free... took about 10 minutes to chagne it myself... So all is good... just make sure...

Enjoy...
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have a RENN disc rear wheel... and a HED front... Not the superlite... Just the normal one... about 1,200g little lighter now that i changed to a QR axle as apposed to the Track axle that came with it...
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you :)
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes i do ride with it tilted like that...

Seems to feel good that way... I am still experimenting with it... so its not gonna stay that way... could get steeper... LOL hahaha...

Also ... if you look closely... All the breaking surfaces are masked... The paint is on masking tape... The breaking surface is underniethe... After i spray the clear coat on, i will remove all the masking tape... LOL... im not THAT stupid .... hahaha....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I see about the paint masking. It wasn't clear to me in the picture. Any plans to paing the bars and stem into the mix?
Quote Reply
Re: Funky paint job... [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi ...

The stem and Bars will most probably "NOT" be implimented into the color sceme... The stem is black and the bars are as well... so they are ok as is... If i start to feel the need... i will... I have 3 painted stems already... The bars would be wrapped in tape... so i dont really know ...

Take care ...
Quote Reply