Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gel-Cumulus 19 replacement
Quote | Reply
My last two shoes have been Gel-Cumulus 19s and I've been fairly happy with them. Before February of last year, I couldn't run more than a few hundred meters without a stabbing foot pain, so I could count my total mileage in the last decade without resorting to counting toes. In February, I started back determined to find something that would work. With a very different stride and lots of shuffling to the end of the block and back, I'm finally back running and will be heading out for today's 100/100 in just a bit (is this addiction healthy?). I would like to get some shoes for everyday use that I can run in if needed. I tried some Clifton 4's, but they seem to cause arch pain. Any other suggestions beyond sticking with the Gel-Cumulus?
Quote Reply
Re: Gel-Cumulus 19 replacement [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
My last two shoes have been Gel-Cumulus 19s ...... I tried some Clifton 4's, but they seem to cause arch pain. Any other suggestions beyond sticking with the Gel-Cumulus?

The Cumulus 20's would be a starting point. The Asics Nimbus would be a bit more cushioned. I'd also try the Brooks Ghost & Glycerin, Nike vomero & pegasus 35, saucony ride or triumph, adidas solarboost, solar glide & solardrive (these last 2 being more or less the same shoe except for a few things minor things to help it come in at a lower price point), 361 spire or meraki

Your best bet is go to your local running store and try on a bunch of shoes. Run up/down the sidewalk in them and narrow it down to 2 -4 shoes that you really like. Then put shoe A on one foot Shoe B on the other and eliminate the one you like the least. repeat until you've got it down to 1 shoe.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Gel-Cumulus 19 replacement [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to a store. Try on the three shoes below. Buy the one that is most comfortable on your foot:

1. Cumulus 20
2. Brooks Ghost
3. New Balance 880

The Cumulus because you have history. The Ghost because it’s the shoe of choice in every race I cover. The 880 because it’s a darn good shoe.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Gel-Cumulus 19 replacement [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much appreciated for the responses. I'll go check them out.
Quote Reply