Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclops JetFluid Pro trainer slipping
Quote | Reply
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced this problem with the Jet Fluid Pro trainer. The small metal roller that the tire sits on seems to be slipping on its axle and causing a squeaking noise. It really isn't even continuously slipping, there's maybe 5-10 degrees of free play to where I can use the wheel as leverage, hold the axial fan at the side of the trainer and spin the roller relative to the fan. Normally these things should be locked together as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to tighten whatever spindle runs through the center of the trainer? I took a small duat cover off the fan- end of the trainer and there's a nut and threaded spindle underneath but this seems to be tight and I'm not sure that tightening this would even work.

The only analogous scenario I can think of is when a cassette wears into the freehub body you can then make the cassette "clunk" as it rotates and then catches on the freehub body.

Just to reiterate, it's not my tire slipping relative to the trainer, the problem is inside the trainer.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Cyclops JetFluid Pro trainer slipping [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone? Bueller?

I tweet!

Quote Reply