Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trip to Webster, TX
Quote | Reply
Hey slowtwitchers,

Taking a work trip to Webster/Clear lake, TX area for a few days and wanted to know if anyone was familiar to the area. I'd like to get a couple good runs in when I am down there so I thought I'd hit up ST to see if anyone knew some good spots. Staying at the Clear Lake Marriott and wanted a couple good runs.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Trip to Webster, TX [sergio2589] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you willing to drive a few minutes? You have both South Shore Harbour and Kemah to your ESE. Both have decent running around the Clear Lake/Bay area. South Shore Harbour is like a little seaside neighborhood and Kemah is a boardwalk/entertainment area.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Trip to Webster, TX [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's texas....you ALWAYS have to drive a few minutes.

Thanks for the pointers.

I lived in Houston for a summer but that was 9 years ago when I didn't run. I went to Kemah for the steakhouse back then!
Quote Reply
Re: Trip to Webster, TX [sergio2589] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are crushed granite trails a few miles away in Seabrook (also up in Houston at Memorial Park) that are popular for running.
Quote Reply
Re: Trip to Webster, TX [ligersandtions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I grew up in Clear Lake.

The Seabrook Trail is nice. It is a few miles away on the other side of Highway 146. Short drive to get there. 6 mi round trip run if you start on the close end and run out towards the pier.

Also, you can run from your hotel on Nasa Road 1 towards Clear Lake. There are wide sidewalks that go past the lake.

If you are feeling more adventurous, you can run along Space Center Blvd outside of NASA towards Clear Lake.

On the Run (running store) in Clear Lake has group runs and track workouts at Clear Lake High School. You'll have to call them to check the schedule. Nice group of people.

Closest pool that is cheap to swim is Williams Indoor Pool. It's about 5 mi away from where you are staying. It's either 5 or 10 dollars. Indoor pool, you'll probably not have to share a lane.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I live away from Clear Lake now, but still know the area well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trip to Webster, TX [tri15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure when the OP will be in town, but the Williams Pool heater, unfortunately, is broken. Pool temps are currently wetsuit legal (62F earlier this week). Sounds like they’re getting close to having all the repair parts, but not sure when that will be.

If you plan to swim, bring a wetsuit or check with the pool to see if the repairs have been made.
Quote Reply