Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anybody here built a rocker plate for their trainer? [Chader09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chader09 wrote:
We have had people use the skateboard trucks. You can crank down the compression nut for more stiffness. But even with that, you are likely to need some actual leveling springs. Ideally, I would recommend a loose truck setting, which allows more fine tune control via the leveling springs. Some of the truck users kept the wheels on and use that as the foundation for surge motion (fore-aft, like the Saris MP1 and Inside Ride E-Flex). Lots of ideas in the Facebook Rocker Plate group to review for inspiration.

Thanks for the link to the group.

Good considerations.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here built a rocker plate for their trainer? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found the FB useful.

Here's the new setup. $15 for the heavy duty furniture rocker springs, $10 for the industrial lazy susan, scrap wood, the feet from my old Cycleops Fluid 2, some scrap metal tubing I had.

I basically reverse engineered a redneck Kurt rock'n'roll setup replacing the Kickr Core legs. So no modification to the trainer at all.

It's awesome. I put limits in place on the rock motion. You'd think it would bump over left/right on those springs, but it's smooth. It actually takes some balance to get on it and you have to ride it like a bike on the road. If I upgrade the "lean limiters" I could lean when descending like real life and steer/use the Beta testing Zwift steering.

The lazy susan and rocking motion really took a ton of strain off of the bike versus being permanently fixed.

Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here built a rocker plate for their trainer? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been able to practically double the amount of time on the trainer since using a rocker plate.

Just released a free webinar on covers a bit more than just rocker plates. Includes lots of the little things we forget when trying to set up comfortable and convieinet trainer rooms.

Coach Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here built a rocker plate for their trainer? [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:
I "built" one.
I do this. Foam pad under the back of the trainer and also the front wheel. The movement adds a bit to comfort.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next