Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Age Group Doping, this is what I was afraid of.... [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
You stuck on your $100/entry as the appropriate cost?

I'm thinking more along the lines of regular taxes we all pay. When I go buy gas it's what 3% tax, etc. When I go buy a .99 burger it's $1.06 w tax.

So do a flat 3% "anti doping fee" tax. For USAT nationals that would be $5.50 dollars per entry= $27k raised. would get if total testing fee $1k (includes all the taxes/fees/admin) would get 27 tests.

I would think that's a hugely successful AG testing program from where we are. To test 27 people in 1 race would be hugely successful.

Just so you know "According to the American Petroleum institute, Americans pay an average of 48.8 cents per gallon in taxes."
Quote Reply
Re: Age Group Doping, this is what I was afraid of.... [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
Just so you know "According to the American Petroleum institute, Americans pay an average of 48.8 cents per gallon in taxes."

Fortunately for me and a few of my friends, I do much of my commuting by bike so I've reduced my carbon footprint (not completely) and get in some of my bike workouts that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Age Group Doping, this is what I was afraid of.... [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karlw2000 wrote:
Runguy wrote:

Fortunately for me and a few of my friends, I do much of my commuting by bike so I've reduced my carbon footprint (not completely) and get in some of my bike workouts that way.

by reduced carbon footprint have you also stopped breathing, specifically exhaling :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
karlw2000 wrote:
Runguy wrote:

by reduced carbon footprint have you also stopped breathing, specifically exhaling :)

"Reduced" is different from "eliminated". But you knew that.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Age Group Doping, this is what I was afraid of.... [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My point really is if it makes you feel good about yourself then go right on ahead. CO2 is not at pollutant and helps green the earth (despite what the alarmist might want you to believe).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think he said it was a pollutant. It just contributes to the greenhouse effect
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
helps green the earth

"Green the earth" isn't exactly a technical term, but depends on what part of the earth. Some areas will get more vegetation, particularly as permafrost melts, etc. Others will lose it - some deserts will expand.
Quote Reply
Re: Age Group Doping, this is what I was afraid of.... [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USADA didn't have to walk back anything, the issue is sort of how they said it, because it's legalese. So the media ran with it and USA Cycling and USADA were like: WTF that's not what we said.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next