Login required to post replies

Hoka Match Shoes ??????
Quote | Reply
Hoka Match Shoes

I got carried away by a friend.
I use for the 70.3 the newbalance 1500
For 21k 10k NB1500 or 1400
Training used the nb 980.

I found it too soft, it needs to be reactive.
They are not as comfortable on the foot as is the propaganda. in the plant in one day, he only made me blister.
I always run barefoot with the NB with the hoka wearing stockings and they even made me blister in the arch of the foot.
I'm a metatarsal runner.
And these I'm not sure but I think they do not like this kind of way of running.

Could someone tell me your experience?
The truth is I think they will only be for long and rhythm-based training, which in my case is between 4:15 and 4:40
But for the past and races I do not know if I give it a chance.
They reminded me of the adidas boost that when you go at a rate of 3 min / km it seems that they are going to get out of hand, they get soft and this makes them look like jelly.

1000 meters 2:36
10k I'm not very fast but I run to 3:32
21k 3:39
70/3 to 4 of rhythm.

What do you think of these shoes?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Match Shoes ?????? [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general every runner is different. What works for one runner probably won’t work for the next runner.

It’s very common to find different shoes more comfortable at different paces. Your from at 3:32/KM may or may not be the exact same as your form at 4:40/KM.

There is no reason to force a Mach on your foot. If you had one bad experience with blisters under your arch it’s probably not going to get better if you leave the shoe as is. The one solution is to remove the insole in the shoe and replace with a flat one with now arch. That should remove the blister problem.

You might try the NB Beacon for a change of feel. The Beacon will be light like the Mach and based on the shoe you currently run it I think you’ll like it.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Match Shoes ?????? [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very very thanks
I'm going to change the insole
and go back to try it.
I'm not saying it's a bad shoe, I just expected it to be something different.
I thought I would have the feeling of speed that I have in shoes of other brands.
Talves is just a matter of giving you a chance more time.
From NB I always have good feelings, even in the 1080 that is a war tank, I have one that I use for those bad days of muscular load.
Tomorrow I will come out with the match and an insole NB
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Match Shoes ?????? [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't run in the Machs, but I do run in the Tracers and recently (as of last year) some Clayton 2s. When I saw the Machs, I reached out on social media to Hoka to ask if it was similar to the Tracer as I feel like the Tracer has a more firm feel, especially in the forefoot, for me and I like to wear them for races. They responded back and said they are similar, but the Machs were softer or more cushioned. So I guess what you are experiencing with the shoes ride is how it should feel.

Regarding the blisters, I mentioned the Clayton 2 because I get a similar blister on the inside arch near the ball of my foot. I have found its something with the insole as I have moved it around and it made them more comfortable, but it slips back to its intended position. To me, it almost seems as if the insole is either a tad narrow or sits wrong and my foot ends up rolling over it and getting rubbed or pinched on the side. Its only one shoe too. Def try and buy some new insoles and see how they feel after, but it could be the shoe just isn't for you.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Match Shoes ?????? [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
I feel as if what he is saying
It is very soft in the forefoot.
Again I do not say it's bad.
Only that the custom and personal taste, I like more reactive, not that feeling that goes undid and does not finish firing forward.
Today I'm going to try the template, I'm going to change it and see how it feels.
What's in the template is the same thing that happens to you, it seems small in the bow, narrow

sorry my english
Rafael
Quote Reply