Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

switching from movescount.com to suunto app - is it going to work?
Quote | Reply
My watch is a Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR.

My phone's movescount app keeps prodding me to switch to the new platform (suunto app), and movescount is apparently deprecated/at end of life.

However, I'm quite hesitant to use any 'new', big-rewrite apps, as they tend to be quite broken initially. As the support page says, I shouldn't really use both of them in parallel, which makes me even more hesitant to switch.

Cursory googling didn't turn up any major issues, though I tend to find them only when actually facing the problem (and thus searching for the right keywords).

Please tell me how the switching experience (N=1, I know) went for you! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: switching from movescount.com to suunto app - is it going to work? [bableves] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a suunto user for many years.
Actually now I would not buy another suunto hehe
I use an ultra spartan
The new platform is really bad to analyze the training on the web.
The new app is not bad, but it has a very important one that does not synchronize with training peak.
Until you do not, I will not go to your new platform.
Suunto is no longer what it was

Rafael
Sorry my english
Quote Reply
Re: switching from movescount.com to suunto app - is it going to work? [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Do I understand correctly, that the basic functionality (syncing to-from the watch & web, exporting workouts from the web, configuring watch faces) is reliable, only movescount.com is more feature rich? At this point I'm not using TP, so that doesn't worry me, just want to be as sure as possible that I won't lose workout data while syncing from the watch
Quote Reply
Re: switching from movescount.com to suunto app - is it going to work? [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warlockuy wrote:
I am a suunto user for many years.
Actually now I would not buy another suunto hehe
I use an ultra spartan
The new platform is really bad to analyze the training on the web.
The new app is not bad, but it has a very important one that does not synchronize with training peak.
Until you do not, I will not go to your new platform.
Suunto is no longer what it was

Rafael
Sorry my english

The new mobile app now seems to sync with training peaks. I've been a beta user for 12 months?? and it seems pretty good now.

All I need is an easy way to get it to upload to Golden Cheetah......
Quote Reply