Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift with a wind trainer
Quote | Reply
I have a DIY ski erg that utilizes a wind trainer. It would be nice to have pseudo power numbers from it. Any suggestions on what trainer to pick? Looking through the list of supported trainers, I didn't see any that appeared to be wind based. I can pick the Not Listed option, but if there's a supported trainer that is wind based, that might give a little more accuracy.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift with a wind trainer [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not believe there are any wind-trainers on the list. The only air-resistance based unit that I know of is the Concept II bike, but that's giving us an actual power value, not a speed value that we're converting.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift with a wind trainer [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I may just write a little Windows App to approximate power from speed for it, or perhaps spend a few dollars and get a supported trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift with a wind trainer [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cycleops' website says that their "Wind" trainer is compatible with Zwift, though Zwift's support page does not list it. Why not go for a fluid trainer like the Cycleops "Fluid2" instead? Resistance will be much higher but the power curve characteristics should be similar.

--Sennder
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift with a wind trainer [returntosennder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. I used an old wind trainer that I had laying around, so it didn't cost me anything. If I want to spend some money, I'll get a new trainer for my bike and use my current bike trainer, which Zwift supports, for the ski erg. It's actually a moot point at the moment, I sprained my left rotator cuff, so my xc ski race season is pretty much shot ☹
Quote Reply