Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I bet that Trump will be impeached by House in 2019 [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Lock_N_Load wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
They are riding this rocket into the ground.

By “into the ground” do you mean re-election in 2020?

Because that’s what it looks like right now.

I would have to see the data to ever believe that. Trump is so embattled, so unpopular, and so irrational that even his base is starting to question his viability.

You're insane.

Trumps base is loyal to an unhealthy degree.

trump's base is a cult, but he does need more than his base to win.

Well he still has support from something like 85% of GOPers.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I bet that Trump will be impeached by House in 2019 [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
The only way the Dems lose the next election is they put up a candidate like Clinton (either one) or someone else who is radically far left. I believe the country is pretty fed up with extremes on either side. If the Dems put up a candidate that is just left of center there is no way they can lose.

A center/left dem can’t win the primaries, not that that matters (the DNC could just rig it again).

Wasn’t Hillary a centrist?

What centrist candidate is going to run?

Because Dukakis, Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, Obama, Clinton are a bunch of radicals?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: I bet that Trump will be impeached by House in 2019 [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump!

Am I getting closer to winning this week? I don't know where to look online, but I'd say the odds are getting better.
(I'm not arguing for or against. I'm just saying the odds of impeachment are going up IMO.)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: I bet that Trump will be impeached by House in 2019 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
SH wrote:
Bump!

Am I getting closer to winning this week? I don't know where to look online, but I'd say the odds are getting better.
(I'm not arguing for or against. I'm just saying the odds of impeachment are going up IMO.)

Too bad the odds of a verdict against him are exactly the same.

Even if there were ironclad evidence of a crime, the Senate Republicans will probably not vote against him. Then you know what the reaction from their base will be? YEAH stick it to the Dems!

I think SH is saying he will be impeached, which only requires the House, not convicted.

But yes, SH, the odds you are correct went up.
Quote Reply
Re: I bet that Trump will be impeached by House in 2019 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
SH wrote:
Bump!

Even if there were ironclad evidence of a crime, the Senate Republicans will probably not vote against him. Then you know what the reaction from their base will be? YEAH stick it to the Dems!

I think a lot of them would throw him under the bus if they had solid evidence of this.

We’ll see.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Bump!

Market is 49% now.

https://www.predictit.org/...hed-by-year-end-2019
Quote Reply
Re: I bet that Trump will be impeached by House in 2019 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
spudone wrote:
SH wrote:
Bump!

I think a lot of them would throw him under the bus if they had solid evidence of this.

We’ll see.

Well, there's already evidence of a crime. It's just that we have precedent in the USA that crimes involving lying about sex aren't "President removing" crimes. The rest we're still waiting on.
Quote Reply
Re: I bet that Trump will be impeached by House in 2019 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
spudone wrote:
SH wrote:
Bump!

We’ll see.

Yes I would think there is tipping point where a lot of decent Republicans will turn on him if it looks like he's done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:

t's just that we have precedent in the USA that crimes involving lying about sex aren't "President removing" crimes.

*under oath.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think your odds are going up mostly because I keep seeing reports that new heads of various committees are going to focus on the Trump WH. Here's a New Yorker quote that that seems to express some surprise at one committee changing focus from terrorism to Trump:
-
"After the 9/11 attacks, Engel’s predecessors on Foreign Affairs set up a new terrorism subcommittee, which underscored America’s sudden, obsessive focus on countering such threats. It is telling that this is the subcommittee that Engel will now eliminate in favor of his new investigative panel. There “wasn’t a great clamor” to keep the terrorism panel, Engel told me, whereas there is no end to the Trump foreign-policy scandals that his members are pushing to investigate. “We just thought, if we’re going to do something relevant in this era where Congress is going to reassert itself, where there are so many questionable activities of this Administration vis-à-vis foreign policy, that it made sense to have this.” Trump, in other words, is a bigger threat than terrorism. At least for now.
-
https://www.newyorker.com/...isis-of-donald-trump
Quote Reply
Re: I bet that Trump will be impeached by House in 2019 [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
spudone wrote:
SH wrote:
Bump!

We’ll see.

Yes I would think there is tipping point where a lot of decent Republicans will turn on him if it looks like he's done.

Dude, what color is the sky in this imaginary world you're describing? Are there lots of unicorns, too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you have made a good bet, and if any of the ball washers want a piece of the action, I'm your huckleberry....
Quote Reply

Prev Next