Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathletes and No-Alcohol January 2019 - A restart [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So yeah. This really isn't that bad of an idea and I take back all the bad things I said about all of you (while reading the thread prior). Here's to the next 3 months and what they hold.
Its called empathy. If we all had that in mind when going through threads that make us wince, then I think this would be a lot better, and nicer place. Its an old saying, but putting yourself in someones else shoes's is a very good phrase that we all should live by. Good job there for you, it seems like you have struggled a bit, so that makes the end result sweeter.
So how was everyone's come off the month party?? I have drank one whole beer since, and that was at a lunch in the middle of the day!! Have a cold now, but I plan to have a few this week at out camp up here, but the necessity is pretty much gone, just like the taste..
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes and No-Alcohol January 2019 - A restart [Coffeeaddict87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick note as a lurker to say thanks for starting this again for 2019 and congrats to all who took the plunge, including myself. This was my second year doing this and it's a great way to start the year!

For me, it's weekends - esp Friday evenings. Normal to down a six pack at least... and maybe a few less on Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes and No-Alcohol January 2019 - A restart [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been caffeine-free for the past decade after being a hospital-grade sludgy java coffee pot hugger for several years. If you need any advice or encouragement, let me know :)

Team Zoot
Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
2019: IMTX|IM 70.3 OOB| IMMD
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes and No-Alcohol January 2019 - A restart [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

So how was everyone's come off the month party?? I have drank one whole beer since, and that was at a lunch in the middle of the day!! Have a cold now, but I plan to have a few this week at out camp up here, but the necessity is pretty much gone, just like the taste..

Alcohol and I are no longer BFFs. The older I get the harder the re-entry becomes. I had one glass of wine last Saturday evening and I couldn't finish dinner, I was too tired to eat. Super Bowl Sunday, I started and then didn't finish like three different beers. WHO AM I ANYMORE.

It's a recovery week in my IM plan, so I'm being a bit more lax (I've had two whole beers this week), but once build starts up again I'll be in dry dock. I loved how I felt during this last build and I absolutely attribute the lack of booze to that.

Team Zoot
Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
2019: IMTX|IM 70.3 OOB| IMMD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as Dr_C - hubby and I split a bottle of wine on Feb 01; I tossed and turned all night and felt like poop the next day. Last year I fell back into regular drinking pretty easily, not this year.

That said, the plan is to have burgers for supper tomorrow and all through January I was thinking a burger and a beer would be nice. So I kind of want a beer tomorrow; or maybe I only think I do.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes and No-Alcohol January 2019 - A restart [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, me too. Two glasses of wine on the 2nd and felt like I had been hit by a truck on the 3rd. Nothing since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
So yeah. This really isn't that bad of an idea and I take back all the bad things I said about all of you (while reading the thread prior). Here's to the next 3 months and what they hold.
Its called empathy. If we all had that in mind when going through threads that make us wince, then I think this would be a lot better, and nicer place. Its an old saying, but putting yourself in someones else shoes's is a very good phrase that we all should live by. Good job there for you, it seems like you have struggled a bit, so that makes the end result sweeter.

I still haven't had a drink, so today being the 8th that would be 39 days straight. I plan on riding it out as long as I can, so likely till the 16th when my wife takes me out to dinner for my birthday.

I'm only a couple beers a week on the weekend type of drinker so it's not like I was cutting back from multiple drinks daily.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes and No-Alcohol January 2019 - A restart [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My third time around for this and i finally figured out i'd rather wake up early with a clear head and do some yoga vs tired and groggy.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes and No-Alcohol January 2019 - A restart [Trick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went as far as putting three beers in the fridge last Thursday (7th), but there they still sit. I have a race on 24th, so I may as well just keep going.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes and No-Alcohol January 2019 - A restart [Jigsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've found some alcohol free IPA and APA in local store. They taste like alcoholic beer but without hangover.
Quote Reply

Prev Next