Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT Regional Championships
Quote | Reply
 Anyone know where this year's USAT Regional Championships will be? The USAT's website appears to be a year of out date: https://www.teamusa.org/...gional-Championships

It is safe to assume they will be the same races as last year?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Regional Championships [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've heard a rumor that USAT is moving toward State Championships, rather than Regionals. You now know as much as I do about it.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Regional Championships [TransyTriCoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TransyTriCoach wrote:
I've heard a rumor that USAT is moving toward State Championships, rather than Regionals. You now know as much as I do about it.

If that is true, I wonder how they'll weigh their USAT points ranking system. Seems due to depth and sheer numbers, a state such as Montana, would be less points vs a California or Texas where there are probably more in some AGs than an entire championships race in Montana. Not picking on Montana specifically, just that it is a low population state. There are some pointy end Montana athletes for sure though, which is only part of the equation they use for rankings.

Could be an interesting twist on things for USAT, but if regional races don't get much participation--it could be that folks just don't want to travel as far for a regional race. They *may* for a state championship race though.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Regional Championships [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All this may be true, but not knowing is frustrating. We're four + months away from races that may or may not be regional qualifiers. I guess USAT just like to keep us in suspense...
Quote Reply