Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1up or fluid? Whats Quieter/better
Quote | Reply
I've heard and read about the quality of 1up trainers - And I'm about to spend the money. But noise is a factor, and since I dont understand the 1up mechanism - I dont know how loud it will be.

Please fill me in on the advantages/disadvantages of these trainers.

Also, I am willing to deal with a little more noise if the ride quality is outstanding.
Quote Reply
Re: 1up or fluid? Whats Quieter/better [Charlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the 1up about a year ago. I would give the following ratings:

Stability: C (I weigh 185)

Resistance: A

Quietness
: A+++++++++++

I can ride this thing in the front room with baby's sleeping and tv on low volume. The resistance unit is cool looking.

------------------------------------------------------------
"No one ever told me they made black fondant!" - Duff Goldman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my 1up trainer for a year also. Can't say enough good things about it, very quiet, easy to set up and very portable. Easy to take to another room or a race to warm-up. Short of getting into the pricier trainers w/ power measurement I think its the way to go.

Having said that I wll be cross country skiing today for 3-4 hours on the new 6 " of snow we got last night here in Ohio. I can only stay on the trainer for so long before the mind and behind wear out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If quietness is of prime consideration I would look into a trainer called Chaindriver (chaindriver.com). Has one other nice feature - it doesn't ruin your tires.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 1up is silent. Your chain going around makes more noise; you can hear the spokes whistling at higher speeds. Very progressive and realistic resistance. Durable unit, and a reputation for A+ customer service (although I have needed none). I keep mine at the office and ride in my suite without my co-suitemates hearing a thing.

Highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Only good things to say about the 1up. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only problem I have is that I sometimes catch the top of the stand with the back of my heel. I have 650 tires and long feet. Took me a few tries to adjust it so it rarely happens.

The trainer's very quiet, feels good resistance wise and is extremely well built. I'd get another if I needed one, and very nice people to talk to if you need advice.

J.
Quote Reply
Re: 1up or fluid? Whats Quieter/better [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used both a 1up and a Kurt Kinetic trainer? Is the 1up any quieter than the Kurt?

Ken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have said--it's only as loud as your bike's drivetrain. And hey, if you still don't like it you can send it back within 60 days for a full refund. I've been very pleased with mine. Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: 1up or fluid? Whats Quieter/better [Avenger9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same goes. Only drivetrain noise and great customer service to the UK too.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply