Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alpe du Zwift KOM
Quote | Reply
So Sean Vintin owns the KOM time in Zwift at 33:xx while in real life the fastest time up the climb it mimics is 4 mins slower. That was done by Pantani and Armstrong owning the top 5 times (May have changed since). So this guy is that much faster than those guys? Why isn’t he a top pro winning races along side Froome? My guess is he’s a cheater but correct me if I’m wrong or if I’m missing something. I see he is pending approval does that mean he’s reported? This seems like an easy thing to police but he sits there atop the leaderboard.

Of course we all know there is blatant cheating on there it comes up quite frequently but do we think that this has to be managed better if Zwift wants to be taken more seriously? Or is it being taken serious enough in your opinion? It’s hard to verify weights of people to make everything accurate but when someone is crushing numbers that the best cyclist ever couldn’t touch then that seems to be an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Alpe du Zwift KOM [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that today and assumed that time was “VR Juiced”. The next best time was what, 8-10 minutes slower.

All I know is I did the 4 hill ride on Zwift today that included Alpe de Zwift and that Fing climb is crushly demoralizing. I couldn’t feel there was and end ever in sight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbecks2 wrote:
...if Zwift wants to be taken more seriously?

Zwift like Strava should never be taken seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Alpe du Zwift KOM [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree,

It's just a training ground and a game to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gone up Alp du Zwift numerous times and in real life I've done a lot of climbing including Mt. Evan's and Pikes Peak. Zwift climbing can not be compared to actual outdoor climbing. It's easier in my opinion to climb using zwift.

I can't comment on the top riders going up Alp Du Zwift but they shouldn't be compared to actual rides in real life.
Quote Reply
Re: Alpe du Zwift KOM [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with that I mean even if I dropped my weight to “cheat” I still don’t have the talent to do those numbers. I mean he’s sponsored by reputable companies in real life so probably good but not that good. I just use it to train but what I meant was ppl like me and you and the poster above will always just see it as a training ground in part bc there will always be unverifiable competitors.

Personally I think the virtual racing scene can be a viable replacement with real prizes and standings that could matter at some point if handled correctly. But for now it’s a crap shoot. The winner today on a race I saw did 691 watts for a little over 2 hours of racing. As long as he exists no companies/sponsors will be willing to put up prize money in any volume. I think it has a lot of potential but not even close yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve done a few races on Zwift and noticed a lot of people in my Cat. always exceed the top of the w/kg range for the races. I’m assuming they’re just sandbagging
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Problem #1 - you're worried about a KOM on zwift.

Problem #2 - uhh there is no problem 2, see problem 1.

Seriously what is wrong with you zwifties?
Last edited by: ripple: Dec 30, 18 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: Alpe du Zwift KOM [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not worried just trying to have a discussion that you’re not interested in. Thanks for your input though very helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You also are neglecting that Armstrong & Pantani rode maybe 100+ km before they set those records within the context of already having raced for probably two weeks straight.

Not saying the Zwift KOM is legit but there is more than one reason to not take it too seriously.
Quote Reply