Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kurt Kinetic R1 or Kickr Core with Climb
Quote | Reply
About to finally get a smart trainer and get big into indoor training since I live in snow country. Trying to decide which set up is better especially since I am rehabbing a C7-T1 protruding disc. The Climb capability is appealing because it is slicker than putting phone books under the riser to ease the load on my neck. The motion of the R1 looks cool and more comfortable for longer sessions. Will be largely in the aerobars and trying out all of the obvious online services...zwift, SF, TR.

Advice and experiences appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic R1 or Kickr Core with Climb [Greg R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The kinetic rock n roll platform adds a bit of suspension to the indoor ride and is the only trainer I’ve ever been able to put serious ride time on.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We still haven't seen the R1 in the wild... even though it was "launched" back on November 1st.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo is the king of indoor training. I wouldn’t consider anything else.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recently upgraded to Kickr Core and Climb from 1st gen Kickr. Nothing wrong with the original Kickr. 4 years and still going strong. Very close to a recently calibrated SRM (within a few watts). Only changed because I wanted something compatible with the Climb. Can't recommend the combo enough. Makes rolling and climbing rides real fun, engaging different muscles when in different inclinations. And tbe Core is whisper quiet. Definitely helps with neighbourly goodwill. Aware of some reports of snapped belts on the Climb. But bought from reputable LBS so warranty should be easy if things go pear shaped (fingers crossed it doesn't).
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic R1 or Kickr Core with Climb [crocked_knee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I was leaning towards the Kickr Core with the climb already and you've sold me that it's a good way to go. . Although the motion of the R1 is appealing I can always suck it up and build a rocker plate down the road.

Don't know if anyone has used the Climb for this yet but with my neck injury being able to moderate the position and gradually get used to the full aero position and doing sets of incline seems useful from a rehab perspective. If nothing else the novelty might prevent me from going stir crazy from all the rehab.

Thanks for all the info and advice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could potentially have the best of both worlds by going with the CORE/CLIMB and building a rocker plate. I would be just a little worried about the stability of the CLIMB, though.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic R1 or Kickr Core with Climb [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, i come from the rock and roll crowd, so going on a trainer without lots of lateral movement seems odd to me. The climb, although a very cool idea, seems like it would hurt any ability to have your bike rock. Maybe if you could bolt it down on a very large home made rocker plate.

That being said, fixed would be less of an issue training for tri in my mind. In road riding i prefer the lateral motion for sprints/hard climbs.

And my right knee sucks. Being too locked in bothers me.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Dec 31, 18 19:47
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic R1 or Kickr Core with Climb [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should check out the facebook group rocker plates (zwift) lots of build instructions for rocker plates and I've seen ones with the climb. Also SBR Rockr shows their rocker plate with the climb.
Quote Reply