Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IF and Ironman training.
Quote | Reply
“On the fence” about intermittent fasting while on my Ironman training (lake placid). Looking for some suggestions from people who might have done it and with a similar schedule that I have.
Mon-fri =
first workout is at 4am,
work from 6am - 4:15pm
Second workout 4:30 or 5 (depending on kids)
Sleep (hopefully by 9pm)

Sat and sun
Fingers crossed on road by 6am for run/bike

Thinking the fasting would be 7pm- 11am.
That window from 4am-11am seems long probably be a bit ravenous.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: IF and Ironman training. [brosemail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will preface this with that I do. To know much about IF and triathlon. I know if works fine for weightlifting and body building since most of them are working out once a day.

I tried IF once on a similar training schedule but for HIM and it wrecked me hormonally. I had issues sleeping, recovering from workouts, and getting through my tougher, more intense workouts.

Given that you are going to be working out that much, IF might not be the best way to loose weight but that’s just my thought.

If you do go ahead with it, the. I would consider making that first morning workout very aerobic so that you do not jeopardize your workout without proper fueling or recovery.

Not an expert here, just a thought
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a recent thread on this topic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply