Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tell me about Little Rock or Conway, AR
Quote | Reply
Any slowtwitchers live there or familiar with the area? May be moving that way this Spring from San Antonio.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about Little Rock or Conway, AR [Slowerthanyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact The Ride http://www.therideonline.net/ in Conway... talk to Erik ... solid guy (owner), he'll bring you up to speed.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not from Little Rock but travel there often. They have a solid riding scene. Shouldn’t be too hard to find some good group rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm from there.....what do you want to know?

The Arkansas river trail in Little Rock and North Little Rock is a 30 mile paved bike trail that goes over the Arkansas river on the longest pedestrian bridge in the US. There are other 50-80 mile bike routs some with bike lanes that range from flat to hilly. Also in the state with-in a 2 hour drive of central Arkansas are routs in the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains with climbs that will rip your legs off if you are into that. The local tri-group is called AIM. All in Multisport. You can google it. There are several local cycling groups and north west Arkansas is the host for the Joe Martin road cycling stage race. Its about a 3 hour drive from Little Rock. There are local sprint and Oly triathlons in central Arkansas too. No half's for full's in the state that I have seen. There are several Marathons in the state two of them in Little Rock. You will have access to more this if you live in Little Rock or North Little Rock. Conway is about a 20-30 min drive from this location depending on where you live in Conway. There are some nice bike routs in Conway and its a collage town. The area has all 4 seasons that range from avg low of 40 degrees to highs of 95-100. You name it weather wise its here...…….short of a Hurricane.

If you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived in Conway for four years and Little Rock for one. The summers are definitely hot and humid, but if you're coming from San Antonio, you're probably used to that. One other drawback is that winters can be very rainy. Other than that, there are lots of little-traveled country roads to ride on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, live in Fayetteville instead.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply