Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

back yard swimming
Quote | Reply

Couldnt find much mention on this in last couple of years, so here's my situation....New house construction, plenty of room in back yard. Current plans have 25 yd. 10" wide lap pool. i'm intrigued by endless pool or swim spa options, with a shorter / smaller pool because i think it would be a lot cheaper to operate / maintain. How do Endless, Swim EX, Catalina and all the others compare ? is Endless really the only option or are there other viable ones ??

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: back yard swimming [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrfr wrote:
Couldnt find much mention on this in last couple of years, so here's my situation....New house construction, plenty of room in back yard. Current plans have 25 yd. 10" wide lap pool. i'm intrigued by endless pool or swim spa options, with a shorter / smaller pool because i think it would be a lot cheaper to operate / maintain. How do Endless, Swim EX, Catalina and all the others compare ? is Endless really the only option or are there other viable ones ??

I'd go wider than 10".
Quote Reply
Re: back yard swimming [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barely large enough for Duffy’s crank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is probably everyone's dream to have their own lap pool. Here's my pie in the sky input.. spend a little extra bling now but you'll appreciate it greatly.

1. Go 25m
2. Go 5m wide
3. Get the lane line for in between
4. Paint the T lines
5. Greenhouse

Optional if you're a swimmer..

6. Starting block

Total wish list

7. Timing system, touch pads, 2 lane display

You're welcome.

Invite me over to christen it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spill over gutters or it’s a washing machine

ETA just buy this one. https://swimswam.com/...two-lane-dream-home/
Last edited by: Gonefishin5555: Dec 29, 18 19:33
Quote Reply
Re: back yard swimming [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to post this... Gary Hall Sr had a 4 lane pool at his place when he lived in Phoenix.

Lanes look full width to me.

25m x 5m wide (standard lanes are 2.5m each)

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spinal Tap strikes again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a SCY swimmer, so that'd be my length(or 25m w/bulkhead).
Line and T for sure. Lane lines on both sides or your lane(s), whether or not you have gutters - which would be best. At least get the fittings put in, you can always buy the Lane lines later. Harder/more $ to retrofit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All good thoughts on pool, will widen and explore cost of gutter.....but nobody has a swim spa of any brand that they would recommend as an alternative to an actual pool ?

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrfr wrote:
All good thoughts on pool, will widen and explore cost of gutter.....but nobody has a swim spa of any brand that they would recommend as an alternative to an actual pool ?

I have no swim spa recommendations but wanted to throw out one other thing for your consideration. While perhaps this will not matter to you, I personally would miss the camaraderie of the other swimmers at my club. Sure, you can always invited people to swim at your pool but this will only include people you know reasonably well. You will miss the random 4:15 500 swimmer who shows up and swims 1:05/100 scy at 10 spl just warming up. You will miss the D1 runners who cross-train with swimming. You will miss the 10-yr old Asian girl who swims 15 x 200 IM, all by herself, 3 afternoons per week. In sum, I think you'll miss a lot by having your own pool. Just my viewpoint but I would never build my own pool b/c of all the swimmers I would miss. I like watching good swimmers swim and I would miss that staying at home in my own pool.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: back yard swimming [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
rrfr wrote:

I have no swim spa recommendations but wanted to throw out one other thing for your consideration. While perhaps this will not matter to you, I personally would miss the camaraderie of the other swimmers at my club. Sure, you can always invited people to swim at your pool but this will only include people you know reasonably well. You will miss the random 4:15 500 swimmer who shows up and swims 1:05/100 scy at 10 spl just warming up. You will miss the D1 runners who cross-train with swimming. You will miss the 10-yr old Asian girl who swims 15 x 200 IM, all by herself, 3 afternoons per week. In sum, I think you'll miss a lot by having your own pool. Just my viewpoint but I would never build my own pool b/c of all the swimmers I would miss. I like watching good swimmers swim and I would miss that staying at home in my own pool.

You will also miss the water walkers, the aquasizers, & the people that swim down the middle of the lane. Best of all, it can be whatever temperature you want!
Quote Reply
Re: back yard swimming [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
rrfr wrote:

You will also miss the water walkers, the aquasizers, & the people that swim down the middle of the lane. Best of all, it can be whatever temperature you want!

Well, for me, I can put up with the non-swimmers b/c I just find it cool to get to on occasion talk in person to outstanding swimmers. I've posted this before but apparently mine is a very minority opinion b/c I can't recall anyone ever agreeing with me. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply