Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fit Advice
Quote | Reply
Hello All- Looking to really spend some time getting in to a good position during trainer season this year. As you can see I know i have some work to do. What suggestions would you have to improve? Photo in thread and youtube video linked. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

https://youtu.be/M0-QYULEMH4
Last edited by: Slowman: Dec 29, 18 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Advice [charlie_does] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty good.

What saddle are you using?

What is the crank length?
Last edited by: jimatbeyond: Dec 28, 18 22:27
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Advice [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adamo TT Saddle. 165 cranks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’ve got the bones of a good fit.

Your bike is too small though.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Advice [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

Hahahah....not saying you're wrong, because you're not, but you've become quite predictable in your reccos: more reach and bigger bike.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Advice [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Hahahah....not saying you're wrong, because you're not, but you've become quite predictable in your reccos: more reach and bigger bike.

I guess I’ll stop saying it when it stops being true.

I’m capable of recognizing a too large bike as well ;)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Advice [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything you would recommend doing to get the most out of this current frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn’t look bad, but your camera kinda sucks. I would certainly recommend trying to download BikeFastFit if you have an iPhone or iPad and try using that to get some basic angles and be able to track the effect of changes.

The one thing I noticed from the video is that it sounds like you have a very short and pulsing pedal stroke. That makes me wonder if you are comfortable in that position. What is your 10 or 20 minute power drop from that position to sitting up and does sitting up smooth your power output through the pedal stroke? If it does, then I think you need to hunt for those minor tweaks that improve comfort. Maybe try dropping the nose of the saddle a couple degrees and see if that helps. Drop the seat a couple mm...

A longer stem, cleaner cable routing and trimming the steer tube are places to start on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Advice [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the comment. I’ll measure power drop tomorrow. I do feel relatively comfortable in the position to be honest. I know I have a horrible problem with a “toe down” pedal stroke. I’m definitely in agreement on the cable routing/ steerer tube. Also have a 1cm longer stem I could put on there.

Thanks for the advice on applications. I will look in to those.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Advice [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

i don't see eric saying the position needs to be stretched. rather than the frame under the position isn't filling up the space. eric can correct me if i'm wrong.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Advice [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
LAI wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

i don't see eric saying the position needs to be stretched. rather than the frame under the position isn't filling up the space. eric can correct me if i'm wrong.

I wasnt suggesting he was. I apologize if that isn't clear. What I was saying, and jokingly so, that he has two go to reccomendarions. You might see one or the other or both.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Dec 29, 18 9:18
Quote Reply