Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Argon E-118 reach adjustment
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine just bought a used Argon E-118, prior to doing a proper bike fit. He went to our top local fitter today and got a dynamic fit.

Compared to how he was set up on the bike, his saddle moved forward a few cm, and up a bit. His reach needs to extend by 5cm.

It doesn't seem as though the bike allows for very much reach adjustment, but maybe I'm missing something. It's a proprietary stem, so he can't just swap that out. Do you know if Argon sells anything to get additional reach out of the cockpit, or will he have to sell the bike he just bought and start over?
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E-118 reach adjustment [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's like my E-114 then the reach was done by cutting the bars down to the 'right' length. They were supplied about 6" too long, then you cut the end down to the length you needed. There was a bit of adjustment available after that in the 'socket' to cater for minor changes, but you may have already used that in the initial set up.

So it'll be new bars if they are too short. Having said that I've found Argon parts to be pretty fairly priced. Infact the E-118 uses standard bars I think, unlike mine that are oversized and so make everything a PITA... Check with your local dealer or failign that then the Argon website has a contact form and they are quick to flick to your local distributor to contact you.
Quote Reply