Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another boneheaded action by our leader?
Quote | Reply
https://nypost.com/2018/12/27/trump-accidentally-identifies-secret-navy-seal-team-in-video-post/

Shortly after his first visit to US troops stationed in a war zone, President Trump posted a video on Twitter that showed him posing for pictures with service members who appear to be from SEAL Team Five in Iraq — without shielding their faces, a report said.

So:
1. Why didn't anyone in his entourage stop this???
2. What happens to this elite team?? Appears to be a massive loss of money and expertise. Doubt we can let these guys walk around Bahgdad...

Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [chill-out] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need to worry. I doubt these guys go "walking around Baghdad". Also, I suspect they'd be well-armed and quite capable of protecting themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
No need to worry. I doubt these guys go "walking around Baghdad". Also, I suspect they'd be well-armed and quite capable of protecting themselves.

Your tribalism is amazing. I suppose you could justify anything Trump does, 'coz he's 'your guy''.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chill-out wrote:
https://nypost.com/2018/12/27/trump-accidentally-identifies-secret-navy-seal-team-in-video-post/

Shortly after his first visit to US troops stationed in a war zone, President Trump posted a video on Twitter that showed him posing for pictures with service members who appear to be from SEAL Team Five in Iraq — without shielding their faces, a report said.

So:
1. Why didn't anyone in his entourage stop this???
2. What happens to this elite team?? Appears to be a massive loss of money and expertise. Doubt we can let these guys walk around Bahgdad...

As much as I despise that foofy-haired lying wankstain, where was the operational security to prevent this happening in the first place?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even folks from MO should know better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

The security for these guys doesn’t have anything to do with when they’re walking around Baghdad. It’s for when they’re walking around Florida or when their families are walking around in the U.S.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll give Trump half a pass because I don’t expect him to know all the protocol or who he’s being videotaped with by someone else, etc.

But I’ll give him half the blame because it’s indicative of the fact that he’s surrounded by amateurs who don’t have a clue. “The best people” my ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
I’ll give Trump half a pass because I don’t expect him to know all the protocol or who he’s being videotaped with by someone else, etc.

But I’ll give him half the blame because it’s indicative of the fact that he’s surrounded by amateurs who don’t have a clue. “The best people” my ass.

He’s supposed to learn this shit. And not by trail and error.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And where he doesn’t know (and, let’s face it, nobody taking his position would know everything), it’s incumbent on him to lean on the experts that should be around him to ensure he’s staying within protocol instead of fat fucking fingering everything through a tweet. That’s just common sense and decorum. But should we be surprised with this guy and his unparalleled arrogance? The same guy who came in all hot before inauguration already saying he knows more than the generals — what a freaking joke of a President.

BLeP wrote:
DieselPete wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now we know why he did not want to serve during nam; his arse would have been fragged.
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I can't help.

But he shouldn't have to even learn. He should have handlers who tell him, "This video isn't for public release, don't Tweet it."
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

The security for these guys doesn’t have anything to do with when they’re walking around Baghdad. It’s for when they’re walking around Florida or when their families are walking around in the U.S.

Or even for the weekend leave to Dubai or whatever passes for leave when deployed to Iraq.
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I can't help.

But he shouldn't have to even learn. He should have handlers who tell him, "This video isn't for public release, don't Tweet it."

The best people.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

While that makes a lot of sense, could you explain why they are at what appears to be a staged event? You can see the flashes going off. I can't tell if was a press event, but other parts of that video appear to be press events. Why have them with the President and allow pictures to be taken? Wouldn't the military try to keep them away from such an event for security reasons? I wonder who screwed up putting them in that situation?
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

While that makes a lot of sense, could you explain why they are at what appears to be a staged event? You can see the flashes going off. I can't tell if was a press event, but other parts of that video appear to be press events. Why have them with the President and allow pictures to be taken? Wouldn't the military try to keep them away from such an event for security reasons? I wonder who screwed up putting them in that situation?

Wouldn't they know to stay off video. Personal responsibility seems appropriate.
Quote Reply
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
patf wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

Wouldn't they know to stay off video. Personal responsibility seems appropriate.

The President asks to meet active service members, takes video and pictures of those interactions, and it was on the active service members to tell him to fuck off because they can’t trust that he won’t inappropriately tweet those videos.

Sounds about right. When does personal, and for that matter personnel, responsibility apply to trump?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh, he did nothing. But the woke ass media decide to deceive you and the rest of the American people for clicks. If anything AFP published photos that broke OPSEC...but guess what, their cameras weren't seized, so whatever they took pictures of was clear for distribution.

Al Asad airbase is a massive installation btw.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Dec 27, 18 21:24
Re: Another boneheaded action by our leader? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to be that ignorant or WOKE to be that way, that's on you.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply