Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

power meter pedals
Quote | Reply
looking at buying some new power measuring pedals. Just wanted to see what are the best pedals out there, I want to measure both feet . Thanks for the help
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [trainhard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [epate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Vector 3S several weeks ago and have had none of the publicized problems. These were older stock from my LBS so had the older, problematic battery door, but I've since changed the batteries and still haven't had any problems. In any case, I contacted UK Garmin support and they've sent me the new design door, which I've yet to fit.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed Wiggle had new stock of Vectors so I bought the upgrade pedal from them as I was tempted by the platinum discount offered. This pedal has the new design of door, and again I've had zero issues with drop outs, right pedal missing or data spikes: they just work as you would expect.

There's no denying that many people have had problems with their pedals, and some continue to do so, even with the new battery doors, but I am extremely happy with my purchase, and would wholeheartedly recommend the Vector 3 based on my experience of using them and Garmin's determination to stand by their product.

Tire inflator with gauge
jump starter with air compressor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't say enough about the PowerTap support. Great product and if you run into any issues they are quick on the draw to make it right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only pedals that seem to work without any long term issues or have had any publicised problems are the Favero Assioma pedals. Have a search on ST there is a thread about them and everyone speaks well of the.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html

I personally have a set of power tap P1's, and have had no issues to date, but am expecting to replace the bearings as they have a reputation for wearing out very quickly. Shame as they have worked flawlessly since I got them.

Powertap have recently brought out a new version of the P1 which is supposed to have better bearings and overcomes the need to replace bearings at frequent intervals. They are up there in terms of cost and are as expensive as the Garmin Vectors.

The Garmin Vectors have well publicised troubles and the new battery door design does not seem to have completely sorted them out. Using 3 coin type batteries seems to be the issue - you could get a pair that work flawlessly, or you could end up with a dud. They cost more than the favero assioma as well. The favero have a rechargeable battery which seems to make sense and would be the way I would go if I were designing a power pedal.

If I were buying pedals again it would be the favero's for me.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought Favero Assioma and I'm absolutely satisfied as everyone it seems
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [epate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I was going to suggest the same... FWIW, I have the Garmin Vector 2 system on my road bike and the Power2Max NGeco with Rotor 3D24's on my tri bike. I'd skip the pedals and go with the NGeco any day. Much less hassle, cheaper, and I believe you can pay extra to get support for pedaling dynamics. The only pedaling dynamic info I've ever really glanced at was power phase info and even then I didn't really use it for anything other than general info.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
favero assioma....all day long
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharkbait22 wrote:

Just bought them. Euro to US $ change daily. So I waited for a below $650 price. Today was several dollars under. Woohoo.....

Now I just have to figure out what to tell the wife...
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Sharkbait22 wrote:

Just bought them. Euro to US $ change daily. So I waited for a below $650 price. Today was several dollars under. Woohoo.....

Now I just have to figure out what to tell the wife...

You made the right move!! Buy first explain later. About to do the same on an MTB!!
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the LOOK SRM pedals
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from a Quarq that I loved to vector 3s back in July after I had to get a new bike. I had a different bb so I couldn’t transfer it over. I haven’t had a single issue with them since I put them on and power seems accurate. No regrets. Was thinking about adding the right side but have decided against it since the power readings were accurate.

Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've two sets of Vector 2, and a set of Vector 3, which get moved across a few different bikes.

No issues.

Great product.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will check those out for sure thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will likely find just a very few people that get them since there will be almost no shops selling them apart from srm or look themselves. Wholesale is just 3% less from retailprice so no shopowner will stock them.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttreise wrote:
Can't say enough about the PowerTap support. Great product and if you run into any issues they are quick on the draw to make it right.

you know slowtwitchers get special pricing, right?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trainhard wrote:
Has anyone tried the LOOK SRM pedals

I have a client with a set of those and they're extremely complicated to set up compared to the other current options and the data has not been trustworthy. Only one experience but based on the set up procedure alone I see no reason to go with them instead of something like the Favero Assioma if one must go the pedal route when choosing a power meter.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which ones Dan? I need to buy some asap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had my favero assioma for over a year and no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [mbstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbstri wrote:
Had my favero assioma for over a year and no issues.

I’ve had mine for 14 months and once I got used to the cleat they’ve been nothing but spectacular
Quote Reply
Re: power meter pedals [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
The only pedals that seem to work without any long term issues or have had any publicised problems are the Favero Assioma pedals. Have a search on ST there is a thread about them and everyone speaks well of the.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html

I personally have a set of power tap P1's, and have had no issues to date, but am expecting to replace the bearings as they have a reputation for wearing out very quickly. Shame as they have worked flawlessly since I got them.

Powertap have recently brought out a new version of the P1 which is supposed to have better bearings and overcomes the need to replace bearings at frequent intervals. They are up there in terms of cost and are as expensive as the Garmin Vectors.

The Garmin Vectors have well publicised troubles and the new battery door design does not seem to have completely sorted them out. Using 3 coin type batteries seems to be the issue - you could get a pair that work flawlessly, or you could end up with a dud. They cost more than the favero assioma as well. The favero have a rechargeable battery which seems to make sense and would be the way I would go if I were designing a power pedal.

If I were buying pedals again it would be the favero's for me.
They have the P2 out now, which seems like a pedal redesign. Of course they are so new, there's no way to say if there are any long term issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trainhard wrote:
Which ones Dan? I need to buy some asap

are you reading from a desktop: if so, you'll see this:

if you don't see that, you see the code there. just to go powertap, put in that code, buy your pedals. my advice: buy the P2. longer battery life, better bearing seats, it'll be worth the extra investment and with the discount the pedals won't cost that much more. you'll probably make your money over the life of the pedal in what you'll save in not having to get bearings replaced for a long time.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The consensus around here generally seems to be Assioma, but I've had Vector 2s for about a year and they've been great and problem-free. I would buy them again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply