Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

But...but...but...Obama
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: But...but...but...Obama [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's CNN....

but I hope that is hint enough for Hills not to run again in 2020.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How in the hell has Hillary been voted the most admired woman 22 times? I would have at least thought someone like Oprah or Ellen DeGeneres would be in that spot.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: But...but...but...Obama [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
How in the hell has Hillary been voted the most admired woman 22 times? I would have at least thought someone like Oprah or Ellen DeGeneres would be in that spot.

It's kind of the same as the left calling Trump supporters stupid. The left has no room to talk...
Quote Reply
Re: But...but...but...Obama [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

It's kind of the same as the left calling Trump supporters stupid. The left has no room to talk...

Nope.

Trump supporters are stupid.

As are some on the left.

Just a little less stupid :)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just like any other poll, it means NOTHING, unless you want it to mean SOMETHING.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Re: But...but...but...Obama [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:

That is sad isn't it? Out of all of the great women in America, Hillary was voted the most admired. I'm guessing it is most likely due to name recognition, though like you said - you would think that Oprah would have won it at least once.
Quote Reply
Re: But...but...but...Obama [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chxddstri wrote:
Just like any other poll, it means NOTHING, unless you want it to mean SOMETHING.
Yeah, but.........

The poll is still sort of interesting.

"Gallup's annual survey, conducted Dec. 3-12 this year, asks Americans, in an open-ended question, to name the man and woman living anywhere in the world today whom they admire most."

How is it that the person that pops into mind first is the previous 1st Lady and the previous president? Simply a case of good PR machines?

Interesting that Queen Elizabeth and Angela Merkel finished 5th and 6th among women, given that the survey respondents were Americans. Lots of US media coverage of the British Royal Family, but it's sort of surprising that there were that many Americans who know Merkel, much less that she was the first woman who came to mind when asked "whom do you admire most". Maybe they were simply Trump haters?

The Dalai Lama was the eighth placed man? Who knew he had that many fans.

Who were the 1% of the Democrats who picked Trump and who were the 7% of Republicans who picks Obama as the "Most Admired Man"?

The pdf document has lots more info. It looks like Tim Tebow finished in 26th place, just behind Brad Pitt. (Can't see where Tom Brady ever gets any votes.). Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was in 17th place, ahead of (among others) Sarah Huckabee Sanders in 21st place and Martha Stewart in 29th place. To each his own.

It's the Christmas/New Year break. Lots of free time to ponder these things.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: But...but...but...Obama [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

+1

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: But...but...but...Obama [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
chxddstri wrote:

Yeah, but.........

The poll is still sort of interesting.

"Gallup's annual survey, conducted Dec. 3-12 this year, asks Americans, in an open-ended question, to name the man and woman living anywhere in the world today whom they admire most."

How is it that the person that pops into mind first is the previous 1st Lady and the previous president? Simply a case of good PR machines?

Interesting that Queen Elizabeth and Angela Merkel finished 5th and 6th among women, given that the survey respondents were Americans. Lots of US media coverage of the British Royal Family, but it's sort of surprising that there were that many Americans who know Merkel, much less that she was the first woman who came to mind when asked "whom do you admire most". Maybe they were simply Trump haters?

The Dalai Lama was the eighth placed man? Who knew he had that many fans.

Who were the 1% of the Democrats who picked Trump and who were the 7% of Republicans who picks Obama as the "Most Admired Man"?

The pdf document has lots more info. It looks like Tim Tebow finished in 26th place, just behind Brad Pitt. (Can't see where Tom Brady ever gets any votes.). Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was in 17th place, ahead of (among others) Sarah Huckabee Sanders in 21st place and Martha Stewart in 29th place. To each his own.

It's the Christmas/New Year break. Lots of free time to ponder these things.

Like I said...

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply