Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apple AirPods
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitchers: Please describe your experiences running (and biking for those so inclined) with AirPods. I was considering a pair to start the new year. If there’s another thread please point me in that direction, as I could not locate it. I’ll use them with my iPhone. I don’t have a music compatible watch. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Apple AirPods [Slow_Nole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're awesome - I use them on the trainer and for running outdoors and on the treadmill without any issues.

I bought a set of silicone ear hooks, but rarely use them (may need them in the summer heat).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wondered the same...will they stay in?

I have the Bose units and mine fall out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried a set and didn't care for it while running. They didn't fall out but I felt like they were moving around which worried me... In the end I got a set of Aftershokz Trekz Air bone conduction headphones and have loved them. They're open ear so you can still hear what's going on around you and have a "wrap around" design that stays pretty firm. Something to consider?

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Apple AirPods [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are awesome. I have had them for about 2 years(early adopter) and they have been phenomenal. One of my favorite purchases ever.

They went through the washing machine after I forgot I left them in my running shorts. No issues even after that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair for Christmas and so far I love them. I've used them on a couple mountain bike rides with no issues. Haven't run in them yet but I don't think it will be an issue based on riding with them, although I might pick up a pair of the silicone tips just in case.

Sounds quality is great and they are super intuitive and easy to use with an iphone. My only complaint is that I wasted so much time messing around with cheap bluetooth headphones from Amazon instead of buying these a year ago!
Quote Reply
Re: Apple AirPods [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
They're awesome - I use them on the trainer and for running outdoors and on the treadmill without any issues.

I bought a set of silicone ear hooks, but rarely use them (may need them in the summer heat).

Where did you find the silicone ear hooks?

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Apple AirPods [EastonZ16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I both use hers while running. We both love them.

Haven't tried them while biking. (insert safety lecture).
Quote Reply
Re: Apple AirPods [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.amazon.com/EarBuddyz-Accessories-AirPods-Headphones-Earphones/dp/B019BREFE4/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JGYGM80DZ54ADQJ0H0VM

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all about the fit. I ended up with a pair that I can use at my desk w/o having them fall out, but any sudden movements whatsoever and they fall out.

Beyond whether or not they fit you, they work really well. Effective contraception too :P

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The silicone covers keep mine in my ears even biking at high speed downhill and wet with sweat. I use them while running, too. The combo is amazing. I keep the silicone covers in the kitchen drawer under the coffee pot so I always know where to find them. I don't use the covers while biking on the trainer or just walking/sitting around, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love them. But it's really binary whether or not they fit your ears. You can buy those silicone grippers, but then the pods won't fit in the case.

At first, they feel like they might fall out, but you get used to that feeling. And I've had mine for a couple of years and they have never actually fallen out. I sweat a lot and, similar to another poster, I put them through a wash and dry cycle and they are still working fine.

I frequently run at night and I like the option of running with just one pod in, which frees up the other ear to be more aware of what's around me.

Once you go wireless, you'll never go back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
been using them since they first came out, love'em. I ride with one AirPod in my right ear and also run with them, I have NEVER lost'em. Sound quality is fine, it's really the convenience factor that is second to none.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive had them since day 1 and am approaching 4,000 miles running with them in (left ear only for me) and no issues whatsoever. Love them.

I don’t ride with them but instead use a Coros helmet for sound.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple AirPods [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Hoffmeister wrote:

Where did you find the silicone ear hooks?

From Amazon - I am in the Uk and bought those:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dodocool-Replacement-Silicone-Antislip-Earbuds-white/dp/B074J3GWMW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545944815&sr=8-3&keywords=ear+hooks+airpods

i think the Gold standard are those if you're US based, but they cancelled my international order:

https://www.amazon.com/EarBuddyz-Accessories-AirPods-Headphones-Earphones/dp/B019BREFE4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545944873&sr=8-3&keywords=airpod+ear+hooks
Quote Reply