Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Altra Torin 3. I have bunions and a wide toe box and the Altra brand has been a foot saver over the last year!

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
Quo Vadimus wrote:
Alabama Viking wrote:
Brooks Launch 5. Ditched the Newtons, and completely got rid of my calf injuries

Ditto on the Launch 5. Really like that shoe.

The 2 was good. Didn't like the 3 or 4, but the 5 finally brought it back.

Got a little stockpile of 5's now, used as the daily workhorse.

Tried the Pegasus 35 turbo this year. Initially I wasn't a fan of how it felt on the top of my foot but after breaking them in a little they're now the race shoe.

I was buying launches when they would go on sale for $65. I have 2 pairs of 4s in rotation and I really like them, I cant wait to try the 5s. My impression is that they don't have a lot of structure in any direction which reminds you to keep really good form. There is a sweet spot to these shoes that is really great.
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gotta go with the Pegasus 35 personally for an everyday trainer. The 34 felt dead. Little to nothing in terms of responsiveness and just felt like bricks.

Nike did a great job of fixing all of these problems in my opinion with the 35. Job well done Nike.

For races, it's the vapor fly 4%. Without a shadow of a doubt. I tell people that running in that shoe is a religious experience. Similar to riding a carbon bike for the first time. It's hard to run in that shoe and not as much as smirk because of how good it feels.

Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve gotta go with Napali too. My favorite shoe ever was the Clifton 3. I was so ticked when they made the Clifton 4 more like a bondi than a Clifton that I never bought those. Finally ran out of my stash of 3s so ordered a pair of the 5s to try, still more like a bondi than a Clifton.

Then a week ago on slowtwitch (on another thread) someone made mention of the Napali. Somehow I’d never heard of it before?? It’s the same damn shoe as the Clifton 3!! 🥳🥳🥳. Only problem is they’ve apparently already discontinued the Napali too. But you can get pairs for $79.99 right now. I will be stocking up.
Last edited by: Sean H: Dec 29, 18 14:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NB Beacon. Very light, responsive but with good cushion, comes in wide (I normally wear altra's and these fit great), 4mm ramp (again a nice break from the altra's) and not very expensive @ $110. So far the wear has been decent even though the foam is mostly all exposed. Check out some online reviews of this shoe and you'll be sold.
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [rossi46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new Nikes are very good. Zoom Fly Flyknit to race in and Vomero 14's to train in.
Quote Reply
Re: Your favourite run shoe of 2018 [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do the Vomero compare to other shoes you’ve worn? Very interested in these shoes.

Mark M wrote:
The new Nikes are very good. Zoom Fly Flyknit to race in and Vomero 14's to train in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried a lot of shoes over the last thirty five years and have recently used both the last few iterations of the Vomero and the Asics Kayano, being a relatively big 6'1" 180 lbs. I did most of my training miles in the 13 during the past year and was happy with it. The new 14 version is even more substantial and supportive, a "super Pegasus" feel in a way.

(And that Zoom Flyknit is a terrific shoe for someone my size to race in. Nike seems to have upped their game in the past 18 months.)
Quote Reply

Prev Next