Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What was your favorite Christmas gift as a kid? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Absolutely the best present for a little girl...ever!

my lump of coal isn't looking so hot anymore :< what an awesome present!
Quote Reply
Re: What was your favorite Christmas gift as a kid? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
My favorite was a Russian Vostok wrist watch. It was nuclear bomb proof, all metal, looked super cool. I was 13 or 14 at the time. After this it was Texas Instrument digital watch, one of those where you press a button and the numbers light up in red color. It was cool but it was made of plastic and just didn't have the robustness of the Vostok.

1. A Mattel Dareplane stunt aircraft. You had to have good hand/eye coordination to fly that puppy and you'd fly it right into the ground if you didn't.

2. Tyco Burlington Northern HO scale electric train set. This one led me on to more elaborate 4'x8' (and then 8'x16') set-ups. Before the size got out of hand and I moved to N scale trains and set-ups.

Both were early to mid-70s gifts, well before the introduction of Pong and the loss of imagination.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: What was your favorite Christmas gift as a kid? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
What about ponies? What kind of abnormal animal is that? And those kids who had their own ponies..

I know, I hated those kids. In fact, I hate anyone that ever had a pony when they were growing up.

You are such a hater.. :-)
Why do you hate my childhood neighbor?
Quote Reply
Re: What was your favorite Christmas gift as a kid? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Merry Christmas Sanuk!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember this bad boy.... I had the most fun with this than any other present I remember. Plus developed some great upper body strength and endurance. : )
Quote Reply
Re: What was your favorite Christmas gift as a kid? [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Do they still sell these?

Great fun. Green Americans vs. Gray Germans. And when summer came, took them outside, set them up in little "bunkers and foxholes" in the garden, and blasted both sides with dirt clods.

We got these from my uncle one year and created sides and spent hours shooting rubber bands at them to knock them down. It was a blast!

I also got a sweet red bmx bike too. I was soo excited!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Radio controlled car. Tyco Fast Traxx. It was really fast, had wheels like a tank and my best friend also got one. We played with those for a couple years and put it through every imaginable contraption that a 11 year old boy could build.
Last edited by: Trispoke: Dec 26, 18 14:54
Quote Reply
Re: What was your favorite Christmas gift as a kid? [drew_235] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drew_235 wrote:
kiki wrote:
when i was a teenager I got a real lump of coal. Loved it. Least favourite -- the lunch box oranges used to fill out the stocking. Come on.

I thought my dad was the only one that did this!

Dude- I put an apple and orange in each of my kids stockings. Lol
Quote Reply
Re: What was your favorite Christmas gift as a kid? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got to love the green soldiers. My set had tan ones as well that I would guess were the opposition. We used to set them up across the room and shoot them with rubber bands , or roll shooter marbles to knock them down, and eventually shot them with the bb gun as we grew older. That sort of dented them up. Always got mad when the dog chewed one up. Did keep the chewed ones up as "wounded" guys. Never could figure why the landing craft was about the scale size of a canoe. Why have a landing craft if your invasion force is only two guys?

I had a Civil War set with blue men and grey men too.They weren't as much fun as the Army men. For the life of me I don't know where they all went. Came home from college once and my room/closet had been cleaned out. Mom seemed to recall they were " around" somewhere. Un huh. I suppose they are all fighting wars on some hidden beach far away.

My dad played pretty hard with the electric train one year. It took way too long to set up as we didn't have a plywood board to attach it too.

Got a cool "Pluto Platter" which was an early Frisbee. That thing seemed to live on the roof, and got upcycled as a water catcher in the potted plant.

Took my Super Ball outside and slammed it on the sidewalk as hard as I could, it bounced up pretty good and hit me under the chin. I got a couple stitches for Christmas that year.

Thanks for bringing the subject up, it has been a real long time since I thought of those fun days at play.
Quote Reply

Prev Next