Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP - I want to make a non-christian (as in not your typical baby, mary, Joseph as jewish people) Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls
Quote | Reply
I think the title says it all.
EDIT --- getting a better vision

Star -- Leg Lamp
Baby Jesus - Woodstock
Joseph -- Santa
Mary -- Cindy Lou Who (best female lead I could think of in a christmas season movie)
Shepherd1 -- the grinch just so the dog can be a sheep
Shepherd2 --
Wise Men #1 -- Dude from it's a wonderful life
Wise Men #2 -- Arnold Schwarzenegger - from Jingle all the way.
Wise Men #3 -- Bruce Willis (credit to jriosa)
Oh I guess we can change the 3 gifts also
Bitcoins
Iphone X

I think we replace the manger with the house from Home Alone.

Come on creative minds of Slowtwitch lets rock this one. (oh my thoughts above are open to change)

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Dec 24, 18 20:29
Quote Reply
Re: HELP - I want to make a non-christian Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you could just have a nice person sleeping in the barn who gave up his room at the inn to the woman in labor.

Because we are supposed to love one another, right?

Then all of the visitors would hit up the inn and it would just be the nice guy and a bunch of animals.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP - I want to make a non-christian Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Third wise man has to be Bruce Willis

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
-
mmmmmokay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

All the title tells me is that you typed it on a phone. Or maybe you've had one too many egg-nogs.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a picture of your Manager, make it into a full size cardboard cutout and put it in front of your house. boom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope the problem is you're 9 deep into your favorite 12 pack. Either that or you're just being an asshole.
Last edited by: ripple: Dec 23, 18 20:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure I can think of any reason to do this, other than to be a dick.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: HELP - I want to make a non-christian Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Take a picture of your Manager, make it into a full size cardboard cutout and put it in front of your house. boom

Who's bringing the rolls?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For starters, cinnamon rolls and Kings Hawaiian.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: HELP - I want to make a non-christian Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
For starters, cinnamon rolls and Kings Hawaiian.
And then a tasty pecan roll maybe a great big ol' pumpkin roll.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So basically you want people to help you to ridicule a story which for many has significant meaning? Sorry, can't help you with that.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP - I want to make a non-christian Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

Really, so all manger scenes need to use figures of middle eastern look, and no modern spins or other variations can be done?

Guess this would offend you also?

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Dec 24, 18 7:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Really, so all manger scenes need to use figures of middle eastern look, and no modern spins or other variations can be done?

Don’t be an ass. You didn’t say you wanted to do a modern spin on the manger scene. You said you wanted to do a non-Christian version of a scene that pretty clearly only has any real meaning within the context of the Christian religious belief.

Really the only reason to do a non-Christian version is to mock Christianity on the primary religious holiday of the Christian religion.

It doesn’t offend me, but don’t pretend that doing it isn’t a dick move.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: HELP - I want to make a non-christian Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Don’t be an ass. You didn’t say you wanted to do a modern spin on the manger scene. You said you wanted to do a non-Christian version of a scene that pretty clearly only has any real meaning within the context of the Christian religious belief.

Really the only reason to do a non-Christian version is to mock Christianity on the primary religious holiday of the Christian religion.

It doesn’t offend me, but don’t pretend that doing it isn’t a dick move.

Wow, I guess it could be taken that way, I really only meant it as not having a Baby, and your typical middle eastern characters portraying the rest of the crew...

I mean what else would non-christian mean? I mean I really don't think a Peanuts native is a christian Creche? Nor would one with the cast of star trek. I mean do you consider those to be Christian nativity scenes?

Oh and as a Former or nonpracticing Christian (who has studied Catholicism way more than most), I will correct you the Big Holiday for Christians is Easter not Christmas.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Telling people you weren’t being a dick in a dickish manner, well done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you made forgot how uptight and ultra sensitive some Christians are.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP - I want to make a non-christian Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Os Fan wrote:
Telling people you weren’t being a dick in a dickish manner, well done.

I thought all the people calling him a dick were the ones acting like dicks.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP - I want to make a non-christian (as in not your typical baby, mary, Joseph as jewish people) Manager scene need Ideas for the various rolls [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

EDIT --- getting a better vision

Star -- Leg Lamp
Baby Jesus - Woodstock
Joseph -- Santa
Mary -- Cindy Lou Who (best female lead I could think of in a christmas season movie)
Shepherd1 -- the grinch just so the dog can be a sheep
Shepherd2 --
Wise Men #1 -- Dude from it's a wonderful life
Wise Men #2 -- Arnold Schwarzenegger - from Jingle all the way.
Wise Men #3 -- Bruce Willis (credit to jriosa)
Oh I guess we can change the 3 gifts also
Bitcoins
Iphone X

I think we replace the manger with the house from Home Alone.

Come on creative minds of Slowtwitch lets rock this one. (oh my thoughts above are open to change)

Cousin Eddie from "Christmas Vacation" should be the second shepherd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKncYRJQRC8

Matt
Quote Reply