Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This is a rogue presidency
Quote | Reply
I don't envy the military or the intelligence agencies;

“This is a rogue presidency,” said Barry McCaffrey, a retired four-star Army general.

“We’ve got Mr. Trump who looks, in the eyes of our allies and of the professionals in the key elements of our national security power, to be incompetent and impulsive and to be making bad decisions and to be excoriating America’s historic allies and then embracing people who are threats to U.S. national security,” he said.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He posted that last March. You got anything new, say, in the last 20 minutes or so? It changes rather frequently ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read a report on Trump's conversation with Turkey's President Erdogan. Trump was surrounded by advisors with Bolton listening in, and Erdogan asked Trump why they were still in Syria when ISIS was defeated. Bolton and the other advisors gave him talking points and insisted that the U.S had to stay to avoid them re-gaining strength.

Erdogan of course wants the U.S to leave because the Kurds in Northern Syria are their arch enemies and they want to wipe them out, the same Kurds who have allied with the U.S to fight ISIS. Trump completely folded and agreed with Erdogan and now Turkey is sending military trucks to the border.

I can't believe Trump sided with a man like Erdogan simply because he told Trump that ISIS was defeated. Even Erdogan was surprised at how easily Trump capitulated and the allies who fought ISIS are stunned at how easily he is fooled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barry McCaffrey has been a Syndromer since before the election. It’s how he keeps his lucrative gig at MSNBC.

If Syria is that important, perhaps Canada, France, Germany, the U.K. and a few other so-called allies can send in their soldiers to replace ours. Wouldn’t it be in their interest, too? Where are their soldiers?

Finally, if you could meet some of the veterans I’ve met this year, many of whom are suffering terribly from their military service, you’d think twice about putting our soldiers in a hellhole like Syria ad infinitum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What president hides from visiting forward stationed troops? The dumb bastard didn't realize what Mattis letter meant until someone explained it to him. And the same stupid shit sent troops to border on caravan stunt. Your concern for troops about as real as his.
The parade president.....
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By my count there are currently five unfilled (by someone who's accepted a "permanent" appointment) Cabinet positions:

Chief of Staff.
Secretary of Defense
Attorney General
Secretary of the Interior
Budget Director (acting Chief of Staff)

Did I miss any?

Edit:

Of course I missed one. Ambassador to the UN, in a few days.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 23, 18 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
By my count there are currently five unfilled (by someone who's accepted a "permanent" appointment) Cabinet positions:

Chief of Staff.
Secretary of Defense
Attorney General
Secretary of the Interior
Budget Director (acting Chief of Staff)

Did I miss any?
-
as long as you don't officially take the position you have plausible deniability. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
He posted that last March. You got anything new, say, in the last 20 minutes or so? It changes rather frequently ;-)

The date on the article in the Chicago Tribune is 12/23/18

https://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20181223-story.html

I don't write 'em, I just cut and paste 'em

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
What president hides from visiting forward stationed troops? The dumb bastard didn't realize what Mattis letter meant until someone explained it to him. And the same stupid shit sent troops to border on caravan stunt. Your concern for troops about as real as his.
The parade president.....

No Soldier wants to march parade, no Soldier or Servicemen want the shit show that comes with a presidential visit.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Syria is that important, perhaps Canada, France, Germany, the U.K. and a few other so-called allies can send in their soldiers to replace ours. Wouldn’t it be in their interest, too? Where are their soldiers?

The U.S was there because it's in their strategic interest. Trump has repeatedly stated that the main concern in the Middle East is the containment of Iran so I assume since he decided to leave, that both ISIS is defeated and there is no threat from Iran.

Since you want other countries there, are you okay with the new U.S policy being non-interventionist, dropping out of the strategic alliances and letting other countries do the work in places like the Middle East. Would you be okay with Trump's new world order?
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

The U.S was there because it's in their strategic interest. Trump has repeatedly stated that the main concern in the Middle East is the containment of Iran so I assume since he decided to leave, that both ISIS is defeated and there is no threat from Iran.

Since you want other countries there, are you okay with the new U.S policy being non-interventionist, dropping out of the strategic alliances and letting other countries do the work in places like the Middle East. Would you be okay with Trump's new world order?

You do know that as long as the economy is doing well then Jim in MD could give a rat's ass about what the President does or doesn't do right?
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^This is it.

Until the natural economic cycles take a downturn and people then turn against him you're all stuck with that retard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah - the other thing is the USA (in its current guise) is much much hawkish on Iran than France and the UK. So its massively inconsistent to then leave and create a vacuum
I can't help this has something to do with Saudi Arabia; a deal is done that Erdogan does not embarrass MBS anymore and he gets what he wants
Who cares if thousands of allies are later killed.....

Someone said that there is too much negative press on Trump. I actually agree; the article on the White House trees etc are too much. Because after a while it all becomes white noise.....and then when he does something genuinely dangerous like Syria we are all slightly de-senstitised to it

Last point; for a guy who claims "The Art of the deal' the guy is a nightmare.....you can see why his team dont want him one to one with Mueller - he will admit everything and probably admit to things he did not do as well!
Bizarre how he's not trusted with Mueller, but he's allowed to freestyle with potentially hostile powers.
When people get really old, isn't there protection where they cannot change will again and again incase someone takes advantage of them? Thats what Erdogan reminds me of - someone preying on an old man.
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or prez that takes orders from radio shit show talkers
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do know that as long as the economy is doing well then Jim in MD could give a rat's ass about what the President does or doesn't do right?

My bet is if the economy tanks he still wouldn't give a rat's ass because he and Trump would blame it on the Democrats after taking control of the House.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

-
Except of course for the reality that those other countries that we would prefer to step up will not, so it will be Turkey, Russia, and China "doing the work", and no one in the west will be happy...and it will all be the fault of the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rouge Presidency?
Yeah, that sound about right..

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Rouge Presidency?

Dude. That is not cool. It is one thing to express your dislike for the man. It is another to post a photo of a cartoonish wax character from a museum somewhere when the wax character exaggerates his looks and makes him look like a clown and a buffoon.
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is another to post a photo of a cartoonish wax character from a museum somewhere when the wax character exaggerates his looks and makes him look like a clown and a buffoon.

You must have TDS. Trump doesn't need any liberal museum or fake wax character to make him look like a clown and a buffoon.
Quote Reply
Re: This is a rogue presidency [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Rouge Presidency?

Somebody pull that poor bastard's thumb before he explodes. Jesus.
Quote Reply