Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It’s December 23 and my dad wants to go to the mall
Quote | Reply
Dad has Parkinson’s and usually needs a walker to get around. This morning he’s been especially wobbly and has needed his wheelchair. He just announced he needs to go to the mall to pick up some last minute gift items. This is going to be a fun excursion.

How is everyone enjoying their time with family this holiday?
Quote Reply
Re: It’s December 23 and my dad wants to go to the mall [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: It’s December 23 and my dad wants to go to the mall [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He knows that the raw volume of womens in yoga pants will be maxed out. He lowers himself so the good parts are at eye level. He's a lot more forward thinking than you give him credit for.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: It’s December 23 and my dad wants to go to the mall [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alibabwa wrote:
Dad has Parkinson’s and usually needs a walker to get around. This morning he’s been especially wobbly and has needed his wheelchair. He just announced he needs to go to the mall to pick up some last minute gift items. This is going to be a fun excursion.

How is everyone enjoying their time with family this holiday?

At least you still have your Dad.

My Christmas is sucking, thanks. First one without my Dad, and now I had to cancel my trip to KC to see my brother, nephew and his kids since H (age 7) is scheduled for surgery 1/2/19 and I'm sick so I can't chance making her sick since they would cancel her surgery (and it's to take the hardware out of her hips which is starting to back out and causing pain so it needs done).

Plus, it's raining here. Again/still. And the Preds have lost the last 11 road games and look like shit.
Merry f'ing Christmas.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brave Guy- I've been hooked on Walmart Pick up in store & grocery pick ups. It eliminates the hours of walking thru a mall / store browsing. Get In/ Get out with minimal chaos.

Happy Holidays!
Quote Reply
Re: It’s December 23 and my dad wants to go to the mall [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
He knows that the raw volume of womens in yoga pants will be maxed out. He lowers himself so the good parts are at eye level. He's a lot more forward thinking than you give him credit for.

We’re not in a yoga pants kinda town so I don’t think his view will be that fabulous. And he’s feeling lousy so now our expedition is put off until tomorrow. The 24th tend tends be mostly men shopping.
Quote Reply
Re: It’s December 23 and my dad wants to go to the mall [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
Brave Guy- I've been hooked on Walmart Pick up in store & grocery pick ups. It eliminates the hours of walking thru a mall / store browsing. Get In/ Get out with minimal chaos.

Happy Holidays!

I don’t think he could handle ordering online, sadly the Parkinson’s has had a major cognitive impact as well as a physical one. It would make life so much easier if my folks could do online shopping!

Happy holidays to you too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in a target parking lot because my 1 year old didn’t want to take a nap at his grandmothers. (Sleeps well in a car).

So will likely be here just hanging out in the car for another hour or so. And will likely be here the next couple of days too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have learned that it's best to avoid my family at this ridiculous time of year. I will fly in for a visit in January when they have regained their sanity.

In the meantime I am netflixing like crazy while catsitting for friends all week. Happy days!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mom had Parkinson's. I feel for you.

I'm getting ready to make Chex Mix for my family. 7 boxes of cereal, 2 bags of pretzels, 2 tubs of nuts. 7.5 lbs of salt, 3 gallons of butter.

I'm heading up to cut firewood with my 92 year old dad tomorrow. Time is running short with him, I'll take advantage of it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: It’s December 23 and my dad wants to go to the mall [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The mall turned out to be only mildly crazy, not too overwhelming for Dad to shop or for me to park.

What’s your Chex Mix recipe? The ingredients list sounds pretty tasty!

Enjoy your time with your dad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alibabwa wrote:
The mall turned out to be only mildly crazy, not too overwhelming for Dad to shop or for me to park.

What’s your Chex Mix recipe? The ingredients list sounds pretty tasty!

Enjoy your time with your dad.

I just use the one on the box. I have tried to change up the seasoning mix and just made really shitty Chex Mix.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: It’s December 23 and my dad wants to go to the mall [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:

Happy Holidays!

I stop on my way home after work sometimes (11-11 shift).

It is simply amazing the number of infants and toddlers in Walmart at 11:45 on a weeknight. But then I see the parents and it all makes sense...

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Last edited by: bcart1991: Dec 23, 18 16:06
Quote Reply